Dream (Sanada and Date)

"I've made up my mind." A young girl, standing by the edge of a rock, muttered. "I want to go back."

"I want go see them again." She clasped her hands together as if attempting to do a prayer, "I promised to protect them."

The girl turned to the one standing on her left. It was a young woman bearing long black hair that swayed against the harsh wind.

"What about you? You want to see them again, right?"

The young woman let out a sigh. "After everything we've seen and experienced in this world, I would've decided to stay here since they don't even remember me."

"But there are some things that I do miss from them..." In a soft voice the woman muttered. "Especially someone's cooking."

"Hehe...I didn't think you and him would actually get along so well."

"Getting along is an understatement...we just see each others as equals." The woman glanced back at the girl, "Then. What about you?"

"That guy and his army...aren't the ones you know. So why did you bother saving their territory?"

"Because..." The girl took a deep breath before answering, "I promised him in the Shinga I came from. That I would protect him and his army."

"Even if they don't remember me. I'm glad that I can still keep my promise to all of them."

"So your group rides over a promise while the ones that I know centralize in trust."

The woman held out her right hand to the girl, "Whatever happens from here on out...we need to stay alive. Got it?"

Taking the woman's hand into her left, the girl nodded. "Mn. I know."

"Ready?"

"Yes!"

And then the next thing that happened.

The two jumped off the edge of the rock.

Unable to hear the voices of two men running after them.

"Stop, don't jump!"

"You idiot!"

Telling the two to stop.

But it was too late. The woman and the girl vanished the moment the two men ran over to the rock.

Trying to find out where the two had gone.

"Damn...its a barrier. The Yakuma are blocking us out."

"But why only them?! They can't stand a chance against the Yakuma alone!"

"GUARGH!"

"Because they only left the weaklings out." Raising a sword, one of the men yelled out. "The only way to find out is by cutting them down!"

"Ugh...how about finding another way to enter the barrier!"

"Too long!"

"You really-!"

Sanada Yukimura

"Ugh." The moment I opened my eyes, I was no longer fighting alongside someone on a battlefield.

I was back in my room.

Getting up from my futon, I placed a hand against my forehead.

"What was that dream?" And who were those two.

A woman and a girl.