Megumi (2)

As my shoes crunched against the leaves and twigs within the forest. I wondered if leaving Nozomi alone in Sanada Territory was the right thing to do.

I know she would be safe since it's a territory she knows. But mentally wise, it's not the best area to leave her at.

'I would've taken her with me to Date Territory, but who knows what will happen.' Knowing the general of the Date Army, he probably set up some traps around the territory to prevent intruders.

'And when I mentioned the Date Army to Nozomi.' She had a conflicted look on her face. Did the Masamune of the Shinga she came from did something bad?

If so, I'm probably going to slap Masamune for threatening this young girl.

She doesn't deserve more mental stress than she already has.

'The poor girl broke down the minute she learned the other version of the army she knew best liked her own cousin in another world.' Despite not having much experience in love, I could tell Nozomi was deeply hurt to hear such things.

'...That girl was definitely suffering.'

Like Daichi.

As my lips formed a thin line, I continued my way through the forest.

'But this forest.' I'm actually surprised so far.

'There's barely any Yakuma within the forest.' Usually the forest area near Date Territory had so many swarms of them. 'This version of Shinga makes the one I came from seem more dangerous.'

I faintly recall the time Masamune saved Imari and I from getting killed by a swarm of Yakuma.

The once warm feeling that burned on my right hand was now replaced by the cold grip of a sword's hilt.

But then I realized.

I was thinking about Masamune again.

'...Why am I thinking about that stupid werewolf at a time like this?'

There was warmth burning on my face.

It's not like I miss him.

Nope.

Not one bit.

Pretty much glad I don't have to deal with his contrary attitude so far.

In fact if he didn't catch my hand in time I probably wouldn't be here.

'But.'

Megumi!

'I didn't mishear him right?' Did Masamune really called me by my name?

I shake the weird feeling I was getting as I continued traversing the forest.

But the minute I closed near an area that had running water, the sound of loud thuds echoed in the distance.

'Yakuma?!' Quickly taking cover behind a tree, I quietly peeked my head to see the monsters.

"GUAAAAGH!"

"Tch." You know...this will be a pretty good payback for trying to kill Imari and I in the forest.

'I'm going to make you monsters get a taste of my revenge!'

Without much thought, I ran out from my hiding space and charged with the sword in hand.

??? POV

"Haaaaaah!" As I sliced one Yakuma after another, I commanded my men. "Find any remaining Yakuma! We can't let anymore escape into the villages!"

I won't allow another swarm of Yakuma escape like last time!