Nozomi (2)

"Then I'm heading out to Date Territory."

"Are you sure you'll be alright, Megumi-san?" I sent the woman a worried look. "I know you're familiar with Date Territory, but...what happens if you meet up with them?"

"I won't." Patting the top of my head, Megumi reassured me. "Just stay safe here in Sanada Territory until I return later, okay?"

"...I will."

I know it seems a little strange, but this person I call Megumi is Saitou.

How I got used to calling her by first name as well as why we're staying in Sanada Territory...well this is how it all happened.

Flashback

"This should be far enough." Saitou announced while returning her sword into the scabbard. Sending her gaze over to me, Saitou asked. "You alright there?"

"I'm." I huffed while trying to catch my breath, "Fine."

Just out of shape and maybe...heart broken after what I've heard.

'I can't believe this.' I can feel my eyes sting as tears threatened to fall.

"...I've been meaning to ask, but for what reason do you need to cry?"

Huh?

I returned my gaze back at the young woman standing before me.

Her gaze was indifferent.

I lowered my head, feeling a little embarrassed on crying in front of someone I barely even know. "It's complicated."

Yes...even if I say something about the Yukimura and Yuzuki of this world.

I have nothing to do with them.

They're not the ones I know.

This Shinga isn't the world I know.

But...why does it feel so painful?

It hurts.

It really does hurt.

"If it's that complicated, wouldn't it be better to say it?"

Huh?

"What do you-"

"If there's one thing I learned from one of the members of the Geggazoku...keeping things to yourself isn't good." Saitou sounded as if she spoke from experience.

Like she was in a similar position.

"If you have something to say, it's better to not keep it bottled." Saitou suddenly blushed, wearing a look of embarrassment as she redirected her gaze to the ground. "B-Besides we all have those times."

She did mention a Geggazoku.

Did she remember someone?

I guess she's like me. Getting help from someone like Yukimura.

"Saitou-san." Feeling slightly encouraged, a small smile found it's way onto my face. "Then do you mind listening to what I have to say?"

Returning her gaze over to me, I noticed her eyes slightly soften. "I don't."

And then I explained everything that happened so far. Before I left the Shinga I know to when I met her. Saitou didn't stop me, she listened to everything I've said.

"When Hime-miko placed you here, you ended up overhearing Sanada Army say those things about the other version of your cousin?"

I nodded, feeling a little better knowing Saitou listened.