Talk to me

When Lindsey called Stevie to lay down some vocals at his house she was quite shocked, she didn't even know he was working on his own little project let alone that he wanted her to be in on it. Lindsey had promised Christine a new bottle of wine if she would atleast go out with Carol Ann for 2 hours. Of course Christine accepted the bribery.

"Hey" he welcomed her into the house
"Hi" She timidly smiled up at him
He welcomed her into his house walking her down the hall to his studio
"Right through here" he showed her a spot on the couch.
"Drink?"
"Yes, uh,"
He held his hand up silencing her
"Let me guess, a vodka neat"
She smirked
"Yes bartender, you do know me"
He handed her the drink
"Oh y'know just like the back of my hand"
He stared at her with intensity
"So... you're working on a project?"
"No not really. It's just a little something that's been going through my head, who knows, maybe when the Mac gets tired of me and I'm out on the road I'll need it, y'know just to say that I once sang with the legendary Stevie Nicks!"
They both chuckled
"You know we'd never get tired of you"
he blushed and turned his back adjusting the settings on the sound booth. He didn't know what to say he just knew that he wanted to be let in on what she was going through  but with his lack of information there was no say on how'd this conversation would go.
"So Steph tell me what's been going on"
She shivered not only at the mention of her name but at the anxiety already running through her on what his question meant.
"Lindsey you're with me all the time, you know what goes on, the usual Fleetwood Mac drama"
She nervously laughed.
"I'm only with you when the whole band is with you. What is going on with you, what's going on with you in your own world without the band"
She bit her lip her mind moving frantically
"Nothing much why?"
He didn't want to scare her or make her run for the hills so he ought to take it slow.
"Just wondering, I mean I don't wanna stand in complete silence while I get this machine going. What's wrong with small talk?"
She smirked and relief flooded her with the curve of that bullet.
"Okay, well then, what's going on with Mr. Lindsey Buckingham?"
She walked up to him leaning against the sound machine grabbing a pair of headphones and holding them while curling her fingers around the cord.
"Ohhh fancy, were using whole names now? Well, like you, nothing much."
He flirtatiously smiled as if he had forgotten the whole reason as for her visitation.
"Okay well get your demo ready, I'll be in the booth"
He picked up a random demo of his and gave her the lyric sheet
"Okay just repeat this chorus"
~~
"Well you can throw that demo in with the vault, I think it's gonna be a real jam one day"
She handed him the headphones and plopped herself on the couch next to him
"Vault?You're crazy woman"
He joked
"You know it"
She said with a truth in her voice.
He was gonna go for it.
"Steph, if there's anything going on please tell me"
She swallowed the lump in her throat
"There is no problem linds"
His stare was intense and she knew it would be hard to fool him because she could feel an aura lingering in the air and she didn't like it.
"So... the fact that you look like a corpse is normal? Needing rest all the time is normal? Not being able to go half the day without a hit of blow is normal?"
Tears welled in her eyes then shock and anger .
"Okay, thanks for the insults I should have known that you weren't just being friendly! Go ahead judge me and put yourself on a pedestal it's what you do best!"
She got up to grab her bag. He mentally cursed himself, sure her comment did in fact hurt but he didn't want to get mad and he didn't want her to run away he just wanted to know what the hell was going on. He walked to the door that she was about to bolt out to and blocked her.
"God damnit Stevie! I'm not trying to do shit except for get enlightened on what is going on with you! I see you Steph and this isn't you!"
She looked away trying not to cry he then grabbed her arm trying to make her look his way but he was too distracted by the size of her she felt like a frail doll.
"Stevie..."
His voice was low and she knew what he was thinking and she knew he was scared. She removed his hand and spoke to him softly.
"Linds, I'm okay. I'm okay and I can get through this"
With that, she left the room.
"I can get through this"
He repeated her words in a shocked state
"Get through what?" He thought.
his mind was going 1000 Miles per hour, he had to go after her.