Brown eyes

(This whole story is a trigger warning)

The band was having a party for an early listening of their album Tusk. They invited everyone they could think of every celebrity you could think of was there along with everyone's family in Fleetwood Mac. Well of course, those who were 18+ no one wanted any kids having to be watched because not only was everyone planning on getting fucked up out of their mind, they actually had a reason to which made it more socially acceptable. Not that the band actually cared. Stevie was accompanied by her girl entourage; Robin, Lori and Sharon. No matter where they were they all seemed to be together and if you weren't in their group chances are you were intimidated by them although that wasn't their plan at all... well usually. Carol Ann was an exception. Stevie and the girls made their ways to the refreshment tables picking their poison. Pretty soon they were all relaxed per say.
"Stevie are you gonna handle him?"
Robin asked
All the girls pointing their eyes waiting for her to answer the question they too were wondering.
"Who?"
"C'mon Steve's, if I can notice him starring I know you can too, you're not that high are you?" Robin questioned and they all started laughing.
"Are you talking about Lindsey oh gosh don't be delusional he's with her and let's not forget he wants nothing to do with me" she rolled her eyes
Lori spoke up
"Don't believe that for a second, he's all over you, he just hides it with anger"
Stevie scoffed then giggled
"Lori that makes no sense!"
The rest of the girls slowly nodded their heads in agreement with lori's statement.
"Well... what am I supposed to do?" And as if on cue he started walking her way, they all excused themselves from their reserved seats. He sat down next to her nursing his drink quiet until she spoke up.
"Hello Lindsey"
"Stevie" he greeted her with a nod.
She awkwardly sipped her drink out of its straw looking at the ongoing party
"We did it. We got the album done. Congratulations, it wouldn't have been the same without your songs"
A shiver was sent down her body, did he really just appreciate all the hard work she had also put into the album and not just his own.
"Thank you. You too, you really worked hard and it seems it payed off everyone looks like they love the music"
Their album still flowing over the speakers above them. He took notice of her pale skin and gaunt look in her cheeks.
"Steph.."
suddenly Stevie squealed getting up from her seat and not hearing the sound of her name.
"Don ! You're here!"
Lindsey rolled his eyes at the sight of Don Henley Of course she had to jump at the thought of him, she always was attracted to talent. She hugged him then delicately laid her hands around his arm
"Sorry I'll catch up with you later! Promise!"
She mouthed to Lindsey and walked off with Don. Leaving Lindsey to tend back to his girlfriend. He couldn't shake the thought of stevie... she was different.

Stevie's POV the next day
Thankfully Don was gone when I woke up. He doesn't want anything serious with me and I him, so it all worked out. I've had an off and on affair with him for quite some time and ever since my accidental pregnancy and abortion I don't even feel the same towards him yet somehow I'm always high enough to end up with him in bed again. Every time I see him all the painful thoughts are there, but I do my best to shove those thoughts to the back. No one needs to know what happened.

I of course did my morning routine
Wake up, go to the bathroom, weigh myself three times for accuracy, drank a cup of water and got ready for the day. Somehow I feel incomplete when I don't start the day off this way, even though every time I look at the scale my heart is still heavy with self loathing. The scale determines my mood immensely. If I shed some weight, I won't say I'm exactly cheerful but I'm not a bitch. When I gain any weight my whole demeanor changes. The numbers on the scale define me and I know how terrible it sounds, I do but it doesn't matter because I just need to be thin that's all I can think about most times. I don't even remember when food and scales started dictating my life, somehow it just... happened. There's a part of me that knows that none of the things happening to me is normal, like the aches I get in my ear when I sleep on my side because I've lost so much weight in my face and there's no longer any cushion, the blue tint to my nails from lack of nutrition, how I'm shivering cold 24/7 or how tired I am all the time. Then there's the other voice in my head that tells me
"Who cares, you're fine. These are all side effects if you truly want to be thin and you know you do because when you go up there on stage everyone is gonna be looking at you and you need to be perfect if you want to be center stage"
Tears leave my eyes thinking about how much this voice controls everything I do. I desperately just want my thoughts to stop. Stop. Stop. I pat my head over and over as if that'll help. I know the only thing that'll help is the stash  of blow under my pillow right now...