Chapter 14

Hey everybody! This is the end of I Heard It Through the Vodka Botlte! Thanks for sticking with me as it took my approximately one year to finish writing/editing this story. I had so much writing this story and sharing it with you guys.

Enjoy the last chapter!!

Thanks so much for reading :)

Copyright 2013-2014

~S.

Christmas Break

        "I gotta say, I'm quite disappointed that this is only the second party of the year."

        Arianna rolled her eyes and playfully shoved Max out of their small three-person rotation. "We've had shit to do, Max."

        "What kind of shit?"

        "Shit that involves becoming useful members of society. I'm trying to go to Columbia after all."

        "Whatever. You just better be glad that this party is the New Year's blowout. Or else I'll have to come back and school y'all on what a party really is."

        Tony grimaced in horror. "Please, Max, anything but that. You've only been gone for six months and we just got the weed smell out of all the guy's bathrooms at school."

        Max shrugged and blew smoke out of his nose. "Just have more parties." He passed the jay to Arianna. "I'll provide the weed."

        "I've cut back on my smoking," Arianna said. "I take three AP classes."

        "And I just don't want you at my parties," Tony laughed. 

        "Ari!" Melanie called from across the room. "Christina and Dre are here!"

        Arianna handed Tony the jay. "I'll be back."

        She made her way through the party, returning greetings from the various members of the classes of 2014 and 2013 who called out to her. Everybody was either dancing or eating or smoking or playing video games on Tony's flat-screen. She weaved her way over to Melanie. 

        She frowned when she only saw Christina talking to her best friend. "You said Dre was here."

        Christina huffed. "Hello to you too, Ari. It's not like you haven't seen ME since August."

        "I am happy to see you, Chris," Arianna said, hugging her tightly. "I'm not happy having been lied to."

        Melanie rolled her eyes. "He is here, asshole. He's in the kitchen. He told me to tell you to meet him there."

        "Thanks. But really fast, how's NYU, Chris?"

        Her eyes lit up at the mention of her school. "I love it, it's so amazing. I've been in two short films for my professors already."

        "Hollywood's next, right?"

        "You got it, Mel."

        Arianna laughed. "That's awesome."

        "You bet. Now go find him, Ari. I can tell you're both getting fidgety."

        "I'm fine, but thanks. I'll see you later."

        She made her way into Tony's kitchen and smiled widely when she saw Dre with his back to her talking to Eddie and Keith. She leaned forward with her elbows against the counter, waiting for them to notice her.