Anakin fought against the Jedi code. Luke was a stickler for it, one of the reasons why Ben felt the need for a new order. The teachings were old, and quite frankly, Ben preferred the way his grandfather had interpreted things. That he had viewed compassion, which was essential to a Jedi, as unconditional love. Believing that they were encouraged to love others.

"Show me, Grandfather."

Ben let himself sink into meditation. Flashbacks of his training with Luke, the harsh judgment pushed upon him. Not only because he was his nephew, but because of Lukes doubts of where Bens loyalties laid. The night in his tent, waking to find Luke about to strike him down. The students that went on to become the Knights of Ren burning down the temple, Ben standing back, his anger holding him back from intervening as the building burned. Snoke appointing him leader of the Knights based on his heritage and the power he sensed inside him. The sharp pain Snoke would inflict upon him when there was a pull to the light.

His chest began to burn as the light began to pull. He could sense her. She was calm and focused and it made him feel at ease. The hum of a lightsaber echoed in his mind and a blurry vision of himself and Rey fighting side by side played out. But this wasn't a flashback of their fight inside the throne room, this was something new. He snapped out of the vision, almost expecting to see her in the room with him, but he was still alone.

Feeling frustrated, he headed back to his suite. He summoned one of the kitchen droids for some food. It was delivered on a silver platter as usual. Once finished, he went to set the platter on the bar counter when something caught his eye. It was the book Rey had been reading the night before. So now their connection allowed the transfer of physical objects. That gave him an uneasy feeling. The Force continued to surprise him with how they synced. He was sure it wouldn't be the last time. The book radiated with the energy of the Force. He reached out and gingerly picked it up. It was old and smelled funny. He flipped it open, browsing over the text. It was about the Jedi. He strode over to an armchair and sat down began to read.

There were so many outdated teachings that it was beginning to anger Ben as he browsed the yellowed pages. Where did she even find this book? If they were supposed to join together and fight like in his vision, there was no need for the ways of the Jedi. The galaxy didn't need the Jedi. It needed a new order. His order. He stood up and went over to the counter to make himself another drink, grumbling to himself. He turned around to go back to his chair when he saw her.

XXX

She hadn't noticed they had connected, obviously. She was fresh out of the shower, a gray towel wrapped around her, hair wet and slicked back. She was fussing with some clothes that were laid out on her bed. He could feel his face warm. He knew he had to bring attention to his presence so he cleared his throat. She jumped, clutching at the towel as she spun around.

"Ben!" She squeaked, crossing her legs under the towel. "You startled me. Why are you here? I wasn't thinking about you." Rey said quickly and defensively.

"I know." Ben said quietly. She couldn't tell if it was the light in the room or if her eyes were playing tricks on her, but she thought she could see a hint of pink in Ben's pale face.

"Well?" She asked him, giving him a pointed look.

"Well, what?" He responded, a confused look on his face. She made a motion for him to turn around. He obliged. The sound of the towel falling to the floor with a soft pat was loud like an explosion in his ears. He could feel his face redden.

"You obviously wanted something then." She said as she began to dress behind him.

"Ahem. Yes." He said, fidgeting slightly. "You forgot something." He said.