~Chapter Thirty-Four~

Start from the beginning

    'Did that fall earlier make them friendlier or something?' I thought to myself before turning back to my screen and taking out a few fighters.

     "Ok, you're mine! Huh?! What's going on? I lost control of my defense drone!" Lance says as his hologram handles disappear.

     "I got you covered! Uh, I don't got you covered." Keith says as he loses his as well.

     "Ah mine are gone too." I say as my handles disappear as well.

     "Is there a system failure?" Shiro asks and a screen appears revealing Pidge and Coran.

     "Nope! That was us! We're diverting power from nonessential systems to get the wormhole generator working." Pidge explains and I look out the window at the many fighter planes then back to her.

     "Shooting bad guys is pretty essential!" Lance says while standing from his chair and I nod in agreement.

     "We lost secondary controls! Thermal regulators are offline. Oh no, there goes the particle barrier!" Hunk says in a panicked voice.

     "Ok try it! We should be able to make one, very small, jump. I hope..." Coran says and Allura nods.

      She closes her eyes and focuses her powers and a wormhole quickly appeared before us. We swiftly went into the wormhole and Coran's voice yelled out.

     "Oh no! The lenses are breaking down even more! We'll be out of the wormhole even sooner this time." As he finished his statement the ship exited the wormhole.

     We ended up in this place that had a huge dust filled vortex of wind. We never even took the time to admire it or be afraid as we all leaned back in our chairs, completely exhausted once again.

     "Zarkon keeps finding us. It's like, he knows how to track us down. Maybe he planted some kind of tracking device." Shiro mumbled and I felt my heart drop.

     'What if it's me? That witch lady was really interested in me and my abilities back when I was on Zarkon's ship, and I was passed out at some point...they might have put something on me! Maybe they've been chasing us...because of me.' I thought to myself with panic filling my heart.

     "Well it's nothing on the ship. The castle would have detected it." Allura says as she showed us a screen proving it wasn't on the castle.

     'It has to be me...I'm putting everyone's lives in danger....' I thought to myself as I felt my stomach drop.

     "Until we figure out exactly how he's doing it, we have to assume that he can show up at any minute. So stay alert." Shiro instructed, but was interrupted by a loud snore.

     We all look over towards the sound, finding Hunk passed out in his chair. A bubble had appeared out of his nose as he slept and it suddenly popped, making him wake up with a yelp. He quickly stood up and got into a defensive position and I let out a weak giggle at him.

     "OHH! What's going on?! What are you guys doing? What are you looking at?!" Hunk exclaimed as he looked behind himself in worry.

     "You woke yourself up snoring." Keith explained and the others laugh as I remain quiet, feeling sick.

     "My bad..." Hunk apologizes while hanging his head.

     "Coran, what's our status?" Shiro asked and a screen appeared revealing Coran skating around the room as Pidge rushed around typing on many consoles in the room.

     "Actually there is a bit of good news. I'm finally getting used to these slipperies. My mucus glands are working at an incredible rate." Coran happily reported as we all stared at him with blank expressions.