Chapter 11

Scott opened the door a tiny crack and moved away, hoping they'd notice so he wouldn't have to speak. Moments later, Mark and Mason barged in and ran to him.

"What's wrong, babe?" Mason whispered as he rubbed Scott's back.

"Don't call me that."

"Okay, will you tell us what's wrong?"

Scott looked at the two with wide eyes. "How could you not know what's wrong? Seriously? You two disappear for an hour and think I wouldn't notice or care? Both of you made a conscious decision not to invite me on a romantic beach walk. Did you ever think how that would make me feel? I'll tell you, since you obviously didn't, it made me feel like a worthless piece of shit. Please, just leave. I thought I could handle this conversation but I was wrong. It's a long travel day tomorrow, we should sleep."

He stood, eyes downcast and his arm gesturing to the door. No one made a move or spoke a word.

Mason looked like he want to fight back, but Mark spoke first.

"If that's what you want then we can leave. I'm so sorry we hurt you, it was a mistake. See you tomorrow."

"No," Mason said, "I can't leave you in here alone after we already abandoned you. Come back to the big room tonight. We don't have to talk at all, but I don't want you alone."

"Mason, Scott doesn't want us with him right now. Drop it"

"No, Mark, you don't know what he wants, don't speak like he's not right here. Scotty, you are welcome and wanted with us. If you'd like to join us, please do. If not, that's okay too."

Scott shrugged. "Let me grab my stuff, I'll be there in a sec." He whispered. Once he was alone, he sent Mitch a quick text

Scott: we'll talk later. This isn't going anywhere tonight. Have fun in Paris, queen. Xx

Mitch: If they hurt you I'll kick them in the balls with my highest heals. Goodnight Xx

--

The next morning, Scott woke up in between his boyfriends. True to their word, they didn't make him talk the night before. They each gave him a hug and left room in the middle of the bed. After a night of sleep, Scott was still upset.

"Morning, Scott. How are you?" Mason whispered, trying to not wake Mark up. Scott replied with a weak smile.

"I thought it over, and Mark and I were awful to you yesterday. It was the anniversary of when we first met and we were feeling a bit sentimental. We should have realized what we were doing. I hope you know how much we care for you. You're not worthless, and I'm so sorry we made you feel that way."

"Thanks for saying all that. I guess I'm just insecure. This relationship scares me, and last night didn't really help."

Mark woke up then, rolling over and smiling at his boys. "I heard you talkin'. I hope the three of us are still okay. I slept horribly last night worried Scott was going to break up with us."

Scott smiled back and replied "I'm not breaking up with you two. But, I think I'd like a gift in return for my troubles, because I'm shallow."

Mark and Mason waited eagerly a Scott's dramatic pause.

"Y'all owe me a Disney day."

He was met with laughs and agreements. Scott propped himself up so he could kiss both foreheads beneath him. In his mind, he was just as doubtful as he was before. He decided to kept his guard up and be ready to run away from it all.