Told you so

I can't do it.

I'm sitting in the living room clenching my shaking, sweaty hands.

Lucinda had to make a 'family announcement' about her getting a good grade but I know that she's just prepping my parents for what I have to do. She never talks about her grades because she simply doesn't need to.

"So," She clears her throat, "Liam, do you have anything to say..?"

My heart is beating so fast I feel like I'm going to faint. My palms are sweaty and I feel like I'm going to cry at any point because of the pressure.

I gulp forcing myself to speak. It's now or never.

"Mother... Father... I..." I look down at my violently shaking hands and my sister places a hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

I take a deep breath. It's like watercolor. You can mess up and the outcome always either ruins the whole thing or turns out to be better than you expected. I'm hoping for the latter, even though it isn't very likely...

"I'm gay." I quickly say half hoping that they didn't hear so that we could just go to bed like usual.

There's a short silence.

"Well I'm sure you are, we're gay too." Mother says and my eyes widen, blushing slightly at the weird thoughts that come to mind.

"...What..?" I squeak.

"That your sister is so bright. Of course I'd be gay for her!" Now I'm blushing furiously at my thoughts.

"U-um... n-no I meant... gay gay..." I'm pushing my nails into my palms, my hands still shaking.

Another silence.

"Get out." I hear my father's stern voice for the first time today. He's huge and terrifying with those cold blue eyes and constant sneer.

"...w-what..." I'm tearing up, trying to hold my tears. I half knew that this would happen but I still hoped...

"Out!" He grits his teeth getting up.

"Father don-" Lucindas attempt to calm him gets quickly interrupted my my father slamming his fist on the coffee table.

I get up running to my room, salty tears tracing my jaw.

I hear them arguing outside but I can't hear them over the voice in my head repeating the same thing over and over again.

'I told you so.'

-
Sorry, it's a half chapter... I'll explain why in the next A/N