Run

Today is the day.

Well... night to be exact.

I continue spreading the red paint on my canvas with a big no. 12 flat brush that my sister gave me a couple of months ago for my 17th birthday, my shaky hands a setup for immediate failure.

I bite my bottom lip quickly attempting to wipe the paint off before it dries with my fingers. Everyone knows that it never works but can you blame me? I can't even think properly much less make a decent painting...

I hear the front door shut and curse under my breath checking the time.

An hour had passed without my knowing...

I quickly put my art materials away hurrying to the door, "Mother! Father! Welcome home!" I say nervously welcoming my parents home from their business trip.

"Not so loud Liam, I have a bloody headache.." mother mutters taking her coat off.

"Sorry.." I quickly apologize scrambling to the kitchen to get them some water. They always get home dehydrated.

On my way back, Lucinda passes by me with a wide smile, her long light pink hair moving like the wind. They've always liked her more and it's no wonder why, with her elegance, wit and absolute perfection no one can dislike her.

I sigh when their expression of joy changes as I hand them a glass of iced water.

"Child will you ever learn, cold water isn't good with the weather outside so bipolar." Mother says, disappointed.

"Give him a break mum..." Lucinda sighs tying her hair into a high pony tail.

Father grunts handing my the glass of water walking up the stairs to his room without a word. Mother follows him silently and Lucinda raises a brow at me.

"You're going to do it aren't you...?" She asks and I nod in response.

There is a moment of silence between us and she pats my back in a silent good luck before heading to her room.

I'm going to do it.

__________

|CARTERS POV|

Music is in my blood. It flows in my veins. It's in the air I breath. It's created with every note, every beat.. it captivates the soul.

Right now it's sending half of the crowd into shock and chaos while the other half (the younger bunch) actually seem to enjoy the free show after a seemingly boring night.

We're playing our newest composition that 3/4 of us made (excluding Andrew) last week. And it is one hundred percent rock. (Imagine them playing just the guitar part of Kiss me Kiss me by 5sos tho..)

We're done with the song when we see security rushing to the stage. One day I'll have to ask Freddy how he always manages to hold them off...

Laughing like crazy people, we quickly bow running backstage. Not without Andrew holding out a certain finger to the stage of course..

We follow Freddy to the emergency exit winding up at a dimly lit alley. We're running and running to nowhere in particular.

"Roof! Did you leave the mark?" Freddy asks skidding to a stop after a while of aimless running.

Rufus nods, suddenly silent after screaming into a microphone.

The mark is usually just a graffiti of 'The Masked Song was heard' on a wall or floor. We're not artists so we just let Rufus do it since he likes to be alone before a performance for some reason.

I check the watch on my wrist and sigh. "Guys I better get going..."

Andrew laughs, "Rich kid gotta run back home eh?"

I glare at him and Freddy chuckles.

"Do you guys have a place to stay tonight...?" I ask. They're orphans and runaways. They go to work every day and get extra money from the gigs we play. We were friends since forever and when I got adopted by a rich couple we sort of drifted apart. I have a feeling that they hated me for it. I couldnt blame them...

Freddy nods. They never stay in one place. They sleep at my house often, some days with my parents knowing about it but mostly in secret.

We say our final goodbyes and I run home.

____________

Don't give up on me yet guys...

Vote and comment☆☆☆