Yol-Ilgop

I slowly pulled my car out of the driveway, tears threatening to flow down my face. Then a thought crossed my mind; who were the two others? I thought about it as I began to make my way towards the forest that was around six hours away. My phone rung, scaring me a little.

"H-hello," I asked not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"I-i'm kinda freaking out," a deep smooth voice said from the other line, but I immediately realized the smoothness was drowned by panic.

"Seamus? What's going on," I asked, trying to stay calm myself as well.

"My eyes suddenly started to burn and then a voice, a really loud one, said that I must go to a place I can't see but I can hear. Help me, what's happening," he said while crying into the phone.

"Calm down. It happened to me too. Is it okay if I come pick you up? I know where he/they want us to be at," I said, taking slight advantage of his fear to control my own.

"I'm not alone. Good." he said to himself, the phone picking up on the words.

"I'm glad I'm not alone too," I said happily, keeping a smile on my face.

"O-oh, sorry. You weren't meant to hear that," he said, giggling a little through the phone. "My address is 214 4th ave NW." He said, taking a deep breath.

"Pack a bag with the things you need, I'll be there soon," I said as I hung up.

I drove swiftly to the address he had given me, my heart pounding in my head, causing a headache to arrive. Shaking it off, I continued to drive.

I saw the house. The beautiful house that I used to see everyday as a child. My eyes burned as tears threatened to fall. Choking back the tears, I pulled up into the driveway. The tall boy walked down his driveway, wiping his face of what I assumed were tears, as he got in my car.

We sat, not speaking for a second. "This is happening, correct," I asked as if it were a dream.

"I think so," he responded seeming as if he was in shock.

"Are you okay," I asked in a soft voice.

"I'm a little scared." He responded as he rubbed his eyes a little.

"Eyes burn?" I asked again, feeling my eyes burn as well.

He nodded. "They hurt." He said as he blinked multiple times.

"Close your eyes, even if you don't fall asleep just try." I said, wanting to do the same.

"Wake me up when we're half way. I'll drive the rest of the way," he said as he turned on his side pulling his jacket around him like a blanket.

"Okay," I agreed as I turned my eyes back to the road as they continued to burn.

(483 words)