ahop

We both walked quietly down to the kitchen to see what was going on.

As we walked into the living room, making our way to the kitchen, we noticed three people looking somewhat comfortable sitting on the couches. My oldest brother, Jake, sat on one of our arm chairs giving me a look saying, 'someones in trouble.'

^Sam is in trouble, of course. He invited some of the new kids over and didn't even mention it until the last minute. They offered to leave, but he insisted that they were already here.^

I nodded at Jake and turned to the kitchen. "If you want to sit down you can. I'll be right back, I'm going to see if my mom needs any help," I said, motioning to the other arm chair near Jake.

She gave me a look, before walking quickly over to the other chair and sitting down.

I giggled and shook my head at her actions, she was ridiculous.

I walked into the kitchen, my eyes widened at the chaos happening in front of me.

My mom mixing something in a bowl while attempting to look into the oven. While my brother, Sam, was shaking some pasta around in a strainer over the sink. Zander stood on his tip-toes trying to get down some plates with cups about to fall off the counter.

I quickly ran over to Zander, grabbing the cups and walking over to the sink and filling them with water.

"Okay. What can I help with," I asked loudly so my mother could hear me over the nonstop thoughts.

"Jess, you scared me. You can put sauce on the pasta and put it with the cups on the table. Oh, and get plates and silverware. I should be done by then."

I nodded, walking over to put the cups of water on the table along with plates and silverware. I paced over to pasta, grabbing from Sam and putting the sauce being heated onto the pasta, then putting it on the table. I swiftly walked back over to her, seeing if the food was done.

"It's done, take it to the table I will get the guests," she commanded, huffing and walking towards the living room.

I snorted a bit at her temper as I made my way to the kitchen, sitting in my normal seat.

Jess and everyone else came into the large dinning room, each taking a seat. Jess sat next to me, almost on top of me out of nerves as everyone made their way into seats. 

My mother frantically sat down welcoming everyone to our house, home to our large family.

"So where's your dad," asked the boy who sat next to Sam.  

"He's not home right now," I quickly covered, trying to keep the awkward subject as rest. 

He looked at me giving me a weird look as everyone else began enjoying their meals. I gave Jess's chair a little push in the opposite direction, because she had scooted to the point where she now was on top of my lap.

"Well, how was everyone's first day at school," my mom questioned softly, wiping off the corners of her mouth.

"It was pretty good. At least for me, everyone seemed very nice," the boy sitting across from me said, smiling, showing off pearly white teeth and a crooked front tooth. 

^Oh my gosh, he's so cute.^

I had to take a quick moment to realize who it was that thought the random compliment. 

Kai.