yol-hana

Recap:

Sam walked back into the living room, his friend Seamus following him, his short curly hair bouncing atop his head. "Hello, sorry for interrupting," he said softly, his voice almost seeming to ring through my ears. I have never seen him before, besides my brother talking to him on the phone loudly.

He's a lot more handsome in person than I thought.

^Lol, cute. She thinks I'm handsome.^

My face immediately went pale, he just read my mind.

Present:

^Can y-you hear me?^

He looked over at me, his face draining of color. Our eyes met in an almost panic. He sat down, our eyes never parting.

^Y-yes.^

"Excuse me, I'm full. Thank you for the wonderful meal," I say, getting up quickly, pulling Jess, and her meal up with me.

I sprinted into my bedroom, closing the door quickly.

"He just read my mind and answered me!" I said loudly.

"Calm down. Are you sure? What did he say," Jess asked me, attempting to calm me down.

"Well, I thought, in my head 'he's a lot more handsome in person than I thought.' And he responded with 'lol, cute. She thinks I'm handsome.'" I said, sweating at this point.

She began laughing quietly.

"What?" I asked, a bit agitated.

"He seriously said 'lol,'" she said, still laughing.

I looked at her, giving her that 'really' look.

"Yes, but that's not my point. He read my mind and I don't understand," I said again, panicking again.

"Listen to me. You need to calm down, he might have responded but is that such a bad thing," Jess said, looking around the room at anything that wasn't me.

I sighed, taking in a deep breath and releasing it. "It might not be," I paused for a second, thinking, "But how? I thought I was the only one," I finished.

Jess shook her head. "I guess not. There might be even more. Who knows," she said.

"But, I don't get it," I said, launching myself back onto the bed again.

"We are going to watch tv while I finish and then take the dishes downstairs. Then we can do whatever we want," Jess said again, picking up her fork and swirling pasta around it.

^Calm down, it was probably nothing. Just slide it under the door.^

What, who is- what?

Foot steps sprinting down the hallway and clumping down the stairs, scared Jess.

"Who was that?" Jess asked, a hand on her chest.

"Someone, I'm assuming Seamus, put something under the door." I turned around to look for whatever he'd left for me.

A pink piece of paper sat alone underneath the door.

---

(E/N) Okay, guys. Sorry for the late update. Maxine is doing a fine job writing, it's me who's slacking on this whole editing business. I just want to promote a book I've been writing on my personal account. I haven't ever posted my own writing and this is just the first step, I guess. I would really appreciate you guys going to check it out. I've only posted one chapter so far but I have a few drafted and it is coming along. It's called The Girl by the Window. Thanks a bunch! 

My account is OhShitThatsJo