Temptation

(Mark's POV) 

That Monday at school, I stayed with Jack the entire time, so those bastards wouldn't be able to hurt him. I don't want him hurt more than he is already. 
At lunch, I had him sit with Felix while I went to go get my lunch from my locker. Then, I remembered I had it in my bag. I felt embarrassed as I went back. But, once I did come back, I saw someone messing with him. 

"Hey," I shouted. "Back off!" 
"Or what?" 
"You don't wanna know, so I suggest you leave him alone." 
"Why do you care about this guy? He's just a freak." 
"He's not a freak, he's my boyfriend." 

The entire lunchroom was looking at us now, and the bullies' mouths were hanging open. 

"You're gay?!" the guy exclaimed. 
"Yep, and proud of it," I replied. "Now, I suggest you back off." 
"Or what, emo boy?" 
"..." 

I went to turn away, not wanting to fight right now with Jack here. But, he kicked me in the back and almost made me fall. I got up and spun me around. I defended myself by punching him straight in the face, sending him into his group of friends. 
The cafeteria went up in uproar. Phones whipped out, and the guy got back up. This was about to be a BIG fight. Five against one. 
I told Felix to take Jack away from this, but the circle of people prevented that. So instead, I told him to protect him at all costs. My friends, J-Fred, Matthias, and Brian, got next to me and were willing to help me. Then, fists went flying. 

(Jack's POV) 

I stood back as much as I could. It was kinda hard with all these people in the way. Suddenly, I was pushed into tha' middle of it.
I was between Mark and Konner, who weren't aware of me being there. I felt a fist hit my face. 

"OHHHH!" the crowd gasped. 

I felt a ring indention there. I know Konner wears his football ring, but Mark doesn't wear rings. I spit out a tooth and coughed up some blood.
All groups fighting stopped. Mark looked at me with concern, then at Konner in rage. 

"OH NO, THE FUCK YOU DIDN'T!!" Mark growled, tackling Konner and hitting him multiple times. 

It was about five more minutes before the teachers could get through. Mark had a few bruises, but Konner was covered in them. Mark was given OSS for a day, but he didn't care. Konner got five days since he started it. 
Mark disregarded anything the teachers were saying and came over to me. 

"Mr. Fischbach, why did you fight ba..." a teacher began. 

That was until they looked at me. I had received quite a few hits during tha' fight. After that, they dismissed Mark's OSS and gave him lunch detention instead fer two days. They told me I could stay with him, that way Konner wouldn't try tuh' mess with me again. 
Mark then picked me up and took me outside to his car. He went to tha' back and came back with a first aid kit. 

"Mark, no," I told him. "Yer more hurt than I am." 
"I'm not the one who lost a tooth," he retorted. "Now, stay still, babe." 

He got a water bottle and some paper towels as well. He handed me the water. 

"Swish it and spit it out." 

I did so, and a puddle of pink liquid formed on tha' concrete. He twisted a paper towel and told me tuh' put it where my tooth used tuh' be. 

"I'm so sorry about this," he apologized. "You weren't supposed to be mixed up in any of that. I'm so sorry, baby..." 
"Don't apologize," I mumbled, even though it was a bit muffled from the paper towel. "It's not yer fault." 
"But it is. I should've gotten us both out of there before then." 

He covered my bruises with stick-on Icy-Hot packs, and my actual wounds with band-aids. Afterwards, he went back inside and told the teachers he was taking me home so I could rest. They agreed that we both go and that we'd be excused. 
On the way back tuh' Mark's place, he looked really worried and concerned. I know he's scared about me... 

"Mark," I began, takin' out tha' paper towel. "It's okay. I'm fine now." 
"No, you're not," he replied. "I got you hurt, like a dumbass. I shouldn't have fought back..." 
"Well, it's good ya did. Ya showed them who's boss. Now they won't mess with ya." 
"But how do I know they won't mess with you? That's the only thing I'm worried about. I don't care what happens to me. Only what happens to you..." 
"Mark... Don't worry about that right now. Ya need tuh' calm down." 
"I just... I just don't want you hurt, Jack... I hate seeing you upset or hurt. Or both. It kills me to see you in any kind of pain, no matter what it may be. Physical, emotional, mental, whatever. It hurts, because I wanna do something about it and I can't sometimes." 
"Exactly. There was no way ya knew I was gonna get mixed up into it. So, don't worry. It's not yer fault. Okay?" 

He sighed. He still wasn't sure... I leaned over and kissed him on tha' cheek, makin' him perk up a bit. He looked at me fer a second before lookin' back at the road and formin' a smile. 

"Hey," I smirked. "We have a smile." 
"Oh, whatever," he smiled, blushing. "You caught me off guard." 
"But you liked it." 
"...That is very true."

I giggled as we just continued our way home.