Chapter 8: "I'm sorry"

James's P.O.V.

**************

My eyes fluttered open; the sun was blinding. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and looked over to my right to where I felt weight on my bed right next to me. It took me a second to figure out who it was when last night just dawned upon me. Marty was facing away from me and his pale back was showing. I looked up and I saw that the door was still closed, which was reassuring. I went to go adjust my sitting position when I I noticed that my bed sheets were coarse then they typically are. I looked to go check, and god did I hope that it wasn't what it felt like. I flinched away. Yup I'm naked. I zoned out to my wall for a moment before I felt Marty sit up. I looked towards him.

"You too?" I asked and my voice sounded scraggy.

He laughed. "Yeah". His voice just sounded delectable. I check the time on my nightstand.

"It's 5:45. We should probably get ready for uh...school." I glanced down at the floor and saw my clothes strewn all over the place. Unfortunately including my underwear, though I wasn't really that upset about it. I flicked my legs over the side of my bed and threw my underwear back on. I turned back to look at Marty who was standing up in his boxers. My face flushed and I turned back and threw on my jeans. I threw on my shirt. I threw on the football jacket that was next to my clothes. I snapped around when Marty tapped my should with his strong hand. He smirked and laughed.

"James, I think that's my jacket." He said laughing with his adorable face. I could practically feel my face get red from embarrassment.

"Boys wake up-" Karen yelled through the door.

"Alright Karen." I said my voice was shaky from embarrassment but dragged on from me being tired. Marty threw me my jacket and I threw it on and I opened the door. I ran downstairs to the breakfast table. Karen sat down at the table with a typical snide look on her face. Marty followed me, and his hair looked disheveled.

"Hello boys." David interrupted while sitting down at the table with his nose in a book. 

"Hi David." Marty said and his voice was slowly getting out of it's morning faze. Mrs. Baxter placed down her beautiful home cooked breakfast.

"Marty! How's it been son?" Mr. Baxter's voice boomed in his usual loud and happy tone.

"Great" Marty said in a low tone and looked at me with a devious look in his eyes."I hope that you're in good health." Mr. Baxter patted Marty on his back and walked over to greet his lovely wife. We ate breakfast like normal, and sooner or later we had to leave to go to the bus stop. It was then that I realized I would have to see Jimmey. It wouldn't help that he was truly the one that I was having feelings for, but Marty did...spark something inside of me. That was besides the point however. We walked out of my house and to the bus stop. Jimmey was already standing there, zoning out into space. I didn't want to disrupt him, besides I had Marty to talk to. Jimmey seemed to be pondering something important too, and that was another factor. The bus pulled up and Jimmey went on first and sat next Michael, but I didn't really care. Sure all of a sudden Michael was talking to Jim like they had been friends for years, but hey they sure seemed to bond. Marty snapped in my face.

"Earth to James Baxter." He laughed. I must have zoned out while thinking.

"Sorry" I gritted through my teeth.

******

I walked off the bus quickly, I didn't want to interact with Jimmey or Michael. I was walking sternly when all of a sudden I was knocked down on the ground. I looked up to whoever it was that knocked me over and I had a stern grimace on my face. I saw a pale kid that I felt like I had never seen before. Fear was plastered on his frail and freckled face, and his black hair fell gingerly onto his face. His piercing blue eyes caught my attention. They were practically as blue and clear as mine. They reflected the morning sun so perfectly. His frail face turned a bright shade of red.

"I-I-I'm sorry! It was an accident!" He shouted it out almost as if his life depended on it. He started to grab the books that he knocked over and I just sat there in disbelief about how I had seemed to never notice this kid here.

"No need to worry." I said with a genuine smile on my face. I could tell from this kid's appearance that he was a greaser. He had on a denim jacket, a gray and black baseball T under it, dark jeans on, and white converse. I stood up and held my hand out to help the kid up.

"Are you new here?" I asked.

"No. I keep a pretty low profile though." He said and his face was still flushed red. Now I just feel dumb.

"Well nice to meet you-"

"Scott Jackson" He finished my sentence. He walked off with all his stuff in his arms. All I wanted to do was get to know this kid. I walked inside the school, my face being all red from the vocal excursion that just happened.

"James you alright?" Rob asked while studying my expression.

"Yeah, it's nothing." I hid everything again. I had to.