chapter 14

felix had woken up from his nap to find it was five in the afternoon and that changbin would not be getting up anytime soon. after detaching himself from the older boy, felix placed his lips on the top of his head before placing the blanket back on top of him. 

after grabbing a snack from the kitchen and wasting time on instagram, felix realised that he hadn't even thought about writing that day. after hitting himself on the face, felix walked into his room, over to his table and sat. instead of thinking about the main character of the book he had been trying to begin, he found his mind transfixed on the person currently laying on his couch. and with that, his fingers reached out to a black pen and began scribbling on the paper placed in front of him. 

granted, what he wrote was quite short, but it didn't suck. and when felix read over it, he let out a laugh of disbelief. grabbing his phone after flying across his room, felix texted chan and informed him of the good news. soon after, he sent a quick text to jisung and jeongin before collapsing into his covers.

when felix woke up, he realized several things. one being that he desperately needed some water, another that it was the middle of the night, and lastly that he hadn't checked on changbin prior to sleeping. you can decide for yourself which of those caused him to jump out of bed and walk to the living room. 

entering the room, felix chose to leave the lights off because he didn't want to wake changbin. stumbling around until he reached the couch, felix sat on the edge and placed his hand onto the boy's forehead. though still slightly warm, his fever had surely gone down and felix smiled at this fact. 

"muffin, can you get me some water"

felix sprung off of the couch and struggled to breathe correctly, "changbin, you scared me to death"

though unable to see him, felix could imagine the smile that accompanied the breathy laugh currently exiting changbin's lips. "as cute as i imagine you look right now, i can't really tell where you are anymore" the pout could be heard in his voice, "so i can't be all smooth and pull you down and pretend i didn't intend for us to almost kiss"

with red cheeks and a large intake of breath, felix practically ran out of the room. clutching the kitchen counter, felix had a wide smile on his face due to the dork in his living room. after fixing two glasses of water, felix made his way to the couch after turning the lights on. 

changbin took the glass with greedy hands and felix observed as he drunk half of it within seconds. felix laughed and told changbin to slow down before taking a small sip of his own water. 

changbin was all cuddled up in a blanket with it laying atop his head, and felix couldn't help but find the older extremely cute at that moment. once the glasses were both empty and the two were talking, felix's eyes lit up and he hopped up reaching a hand out for changbin to grab. 

"we are going to make hot chocolate and cookies"

changbin was very confused, but the sparkle he loved to see was present in the younger boy's eyes and he felt himself smile and nod without even thinking about it. 

once the two had arrived in the kitchen, felix turned to changbin, "i really hope you weren't expecting homemade cookies because i will not be doing that, we" he dramatically opened the fridge and pulled out a package of cookie dough, "will be partaking in a delicacy that tastes the same and isn't stressful or messy"

changbin giggled, yes giggled, at this and felix swore his heart stopped beating for a second. he stared at the older with what could only be described as adoration before sending him a smile and walking to get a pan. after the oven was preheated and the cookies were in, felix began to gather ingredients for hot chocolate. changbin assisted him in measuring and mixing the ingredients together on the stove. 

once everything was in the pot beginning to heat up, changbin rested his head on felix's shoulder and wrapped his arms around his body, connecting them at his front. felix leaned into his touch and placed his hands on top of changbin's.

as felix stirred the hot chocolate, changbin turned his head and placed a peck onto felix's jaw. felix would like to deny that he dropped the spoon he was holding and turned bright red, but he knows that is exactly what happened. he still pivoted his head and placed a kiss onto changbin's forehead despite those very obvious indicators of how flustered he was. the two smiled at one another before changbin buried his head in felix's shoulder because he could feel heat rising up his neck. 

both boys were content and warm inside, the beginnings of love stemming from their hearts and filling up their very being.