chapter 1

felix normally enjoyed his job, loved it even. what wasn't to love? he worked from home and was able to do his favorite thing everyday, write. the vast majority of his time since graduating college was spent fervently jotting down ideas and the words that flowed from his mind onto his lined paper. the same can't be said for his current situation. it seemed as if every interesting plotline and character had clawed their way out of his mind and scurried away leaving a frustrated felix behind.

after yet another day of staring at empty papers with an unused pen in hand, felix decided he should leave behind his fortress of pillows and empty coffee cups to take a shower and go to sleep. something he had been doing way too much lately. if you had informed him a month ago he would no longer be capable of writing a mere sentence, felix would have giggled to himself at the absurd thought. however felix hadn't been able to write a full page of literature for an entire week. and it had been tearing him apart. had he not been a highly optimistic and positive person, he likely would've given up days ago. 

After showering and putting the same pajamas back on, felix climbed into his bed and picked up his phone. he had several text messages from various friends, all of them were quite aware of his current situation. all the messages were of encouragement, except for that of his closest friends. chan's texts were more along the lines of 'you better get your shit together before i stop by tomorrow or i'll beat you with a spoon'. after laughing for much longer than necessary, felix typed a quick response of 'what kind of spoon' before placing his phone beside him. before closing his eyes, he delved deep into his mind for an ounce of inspiration but came back out empty handed and more upset than he was prior. deciding not to worry about it, felix ran his hand through his dark hair before finally closing his eyes and sinking further into his comforter.