chapter 9

the next morning chan let himself into felix's home. he pulled the younger out of bed and practically dragged him out of the door. felix was so disoriented during the process he put his shoes on without grabbing socks. when felix asked why he was woken and where they were going, with much more colorful language, chan responded that he wanted a cupcake. felix had no idea what that had to do with the question he asked but decided it wasn't important enough for a follow-up question. and a cupcake didn't sound too bad at the moment.

they soon reached the cupcake shop, named 'the mad batter' which felix found adorable. chan placed their order whilst felix picked a seat next to a large window. a good distance away from any other customers. felix was staring out the window, mind centered around a boy with chocolate eyes and a warm smile. that is, until chan came over with a tray of six cupcakes and two caramel mochas. 

felix took the coffee with greedy hands and ingested half of it before chan had even sat down. 

"felix, slow down so you can tell me about your new boyfriend" chan said with a smile lifting up the corner of his mouth.

at hearing that, felix choked on the caffeinated beverage in his hands while chan laughed at him. "he's not my boyfriend" felix stated in an embarrassed voice.

"so there is someone" chan yelled out in the quiet shop before felix quickly hushed him.

"yes, there's someone" chan looked like he was about to squeal so felix gave him a harsh look before continuing, "and i'll give you some details if you promise me not to raise your voice again" 

chan sighed before agreeing even though they both knew he would probably be yelling again.

and so, in the quaint little cupcake store, felix told chan all about changbin and their encounters. by the time he had finished, the table was littered with cupcake wrappers and the staff was prepared to kick the two out for being so disruptive. 

"so what do you think?" 

"i think that i ship changlix more that anything else in this world"

"dude, what the hell is changlix?"

"changbin plus felix equals changlix" upon hearing his explanation, felix just sighed at chan before getting up to throw their trash away.

on the walk home, chan asked felix a lot of questions. one of them being about what felix had been wearing when he went to see changbin. 

felix scratched the back of his head before responding, "umm... most nights just a hoodie and jeans"

chan gasped, clutching his chest before shaking his head, "y'know i'm disappointed but not exactly surprised"

__________________________________________________________________________

"chan what on earth are you doing? it's ten o'clock at night."

chan looked up from felix's pants drawer before replying in an exasperated voice, "i'm picking out your outfit for tonight why else would i be digging around in your fucking clothes"

felix plopped down on his bed, "what's wrong with what i usually wear?"

chan busted out laughing. after calming down he answered the question directed towards him, "no offence sweetheart but no man is attracted to a baggy hoodie and unwashed jeans."

felix gasped and was prepared to defend himself before he was interrupted, "look, don't you want to impress him. don't you want to see his" at this point, chan made his voice high pitched warranting a pillow to the face, " 'beautiful brown eyes' widen and see his mouth hanging open because you"

felix processed chan's comment, biting his lip before rolling to the end of his bed, "so what do you have in mind?"

_______________________________________________________________________

an hour later, the pair had settled on felix's newest pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a maroon shirt that showcased the boy's collarbones. to finish the look, chan had placed black vans on felix's feet and styled his hair.

"alright you look slightly better than usual" felix hit the back of chan's head.

"boi, shut up i look cute as hell" felix struck a pose earning a laugh from his best friend.

"whatever you say"

chan walked felix to the door. he turned to him with a huge grin before shoving him out the door with an order to "go get his man".

felix giggled at his friend's behavior before making his way to the playground.