Chapter Twelve

Grace knocked on the door and said, "You two awake yet." We hummed to say yes as it was pretty early in the morning. Luke went into the bathroom to get changed for school and i picked out my clothes from my wardrobe. I picked out black skinny jeans with a blue denim style shirt (still long sleeved). After about 20 minutes Luke left the bathroom so i went in. When my clothes were on, i curled my hair and done a neutral brown eye look.

Emma, Reece, James, Luke, Grace and I all gathered around the table eating pancakes for breakfast. Whilst the others were getting their bags together and grabbing their lunch off of the side, me and Grace gathered the plates and stacked them next to the sink. I lifted my bag up from the floor and put it on my shoulder and called out, "Everyone, time for school!" I heard a bunch if "Yeah coming'" and "Okay!" And then the four walk up to the door. Grace followed them and locked the door behind us. Walking down the street, we dropped Emma off at school and then Reece and James too. That left me and Luke together for the last part of the journey.

"Meet me at the cliff after school today," and then i snuck into school to pass the bullies without them noticing. For once the school day weren't too bad and I was  soon sitting on the bench at the top of the cliff. I heard footsteps so i stood up and started walking to the steps that we use to get to the top. Luke was walking up them and when he reached the top, we both walked over to the bench and sat down. We both sat there, quiet, listening to the wind. I took myself back to how i was the day Luke found me; shaking at the top of the cliff, crying and feeling so low i nearly killed myself. I started to cry and as i did Luke sat closer to me and put his arm around my shoulders to comfort me. "Thank you! Thank you for saving me and helping me realise that yes my life's not that great but i can focus on the people around me. I can clear my mind and not do stupid things like giving up."
"It's been a pleasure to help u and spend time with u and i hope we can continue our friendship," Luke said as he took my hands and held them.

All i did was stare over the side and hear a couple thoughts in my head as if my mom was saying them. "Never give up," "I knew u could stay strong," and finally "7 reasons to stay alive!"