Chapter Four

Once again, i am woken up by Grace. She shakes me and i open up my tired eyes. I slide out from under the covers and walk over to my bathroom. Today no razors were needed to be put into bin as i felt no need to self harm. This surprised me as how ever many time i tried to stop, i never could.

I put on my black leggings and a long sleeve white and black adidas jumper, to hide my cuts at school. I never bother putting make-up on as i end up crying and have it run down my face. Once i was dressed i left my room and went to check on Emma. I knocked on her door and opened it. She was sitting on her bed putting books in her school bag. I smile creeped on to my face. I was in such a good mood today. "What you want for breakfast?" I ask her.
"PANCAKES!" She screams in excitement. I giggle and begin to tickle her. She giggles and i pick her up on my shoulders carrying her down the stairs. She runs into the kitchen and sits down at the table. I follow her into the kitchen and turn towards Grace. She's already cooked pancakes and waffles so i grab a sharing for me and Emma.

Suddenly someone loudly knocks on the door to the orphanage. I stand up and walk over to the front door. Stood there was Luke. I let him in with a smile. "Why are you here?" I ask with a smile from the sight of him. "Wanting to find more out about you i guess." He answered with a matching smile. I asked him to follow me into the kitchen and told him to take a seat. Once he did Emma stood up and walked up to me and whispered "Who is he Alex?"
"A friend Emma." She then goes to sit back down and starts to talk to Luke. The three of us have a conversation and I'm continuously smiling, which is unusual for me. "Im going home to pick stuff up for school but see you around school maybe?"
"You might, I'll show you out." I get up out my seat and lead him back to the front door. Before leaving he whispers "Day one, reason one. Emma. She makes you happy and she clearly would be lost without you!" He shuts the door himself but waves before hand. I put my back against the door and smile.

Emma runs up to me with her summer school cardigan on and her school bag in hand. Slowly walking behind her was Reece. He wore a blazer and black trousers. We got along like brother and sister and i loved him, just like Emma. Every morning we leave the house together and me and Reece drop Emma off at school and then i drop Reece off at his school. He's in year 10 but at a different school to me which I'm glad about. Penny hill isn't the best school to go to. Today was no different. As we all arrived at Emma's school she gave us both a hug and waved before running into school meeting her friends. Me and Reece walked down the road and he gave me a hug before leaving to go to his school. I told him to message me if he needed anything and walked away from school.

I sit down in my chair in science. It was a double lesson as its Tuesday. A few hours passed and i was really bored so i decided to just leave and went to me 'place'. When i got there i sat down on the bench me and  Luke sat down on the day before. This made me smile at how nice he's been to me. I've felt so comfortable even though i only stared talking to him yesterday. There's something about him i admire but i just cant place it. I closed my eyes and thought.

Time had passed and i went to go and pick up Reece and Emma again. When arriving at each of their school, they gave me hugs and i smiled again. I really loved them both, and it reminded me of Luke. We made it home and i went into my room and just read a book as i had no one to talk to. I fell asleep like this.