Chapter Nine

It was now later in the evening, Emma was down stairs in the lounge with some warm milk; Reece was in his room doing some homework he was meant to do when he got back from school and Grace was in the kitchen grabbing some biscuits. I had decided that me and Luke were going to sit downstairs as i never do. We were currently watching high school musical 2 and emma was cuddling up to my side. She was extremely sleepy but who could blame her. Her house had been broken into and she was only 6 years old. As she was cuddles up to my side, we shared a packet of chocolate digestives that Grace had previously brought in.

Soon was Emma's bedtime and i was carrying her upstairs to her room. Luke helped me by opening the doors in the way there. Eventually we got up to Emma's room and Luke opened her door. Inside was a princesses room. Fairy lights around the walls, that are lilac with a pink and gold carriage bed in the centre. I placed her gently in her bed and kissed her forehead. Luke then let me out the room with him following behind. I then decided to go and check up Reece as he looked after Emma whilst chaos occurred.  I knocked on his bedroom door and he opened the door usher for us to come in, "How's the homework going?" He simply shrugged, obviously bored of it. Luckily he said he had finished his homework and was going to chill in his beanbags watching youtube. He seemed to be addicted to it - when he weren't playing football or at school. His room was blue and red with football posters covering the walls. He has a bunch of beanbags in the corner of his room that he was currently sitting on, eating some delicious jammy doggers.

I was about to go to bed but me and Luke had to arrange where each other were going to sleep. Eventually we decided to share the bed so they were both comfortable. Neither of us found it awkward and it was because otherwise, one of us, would be on the floor or sofa.

Luke woke up first, as his moving about woke me up. I sat up and smiled, "Good morning, you sleep okay?"
"Yeah it was great thanks!" He replied with a matching smile on his face. Then he began to wonder into my own bathroom, as i was the only person on the 3rd floor. Well today was Sunday so we didn't have any school. Luke had agreed last night that he would help me take the other two, to the park.

Once again it was time to leave; however not to school luckily. The sky was bright blue with white candy-floss clouds blocking some of the sun rays. I was wearing some denim shorts and a long sleeve white and blue tight top. Emma was wearing a little pink and yellow summer dress whilst Reece wearing some blue shorts and a Liverpool football shirt.

We shortly arrived at the park which was surprisingly empty on such a nice day. Emma ran over to the swings so i helped her on and started pushing her. Luke had gone over to the grass patch, playing a small game of football with Reece. They both had smiles on their faces, making one grow on mine. Seeing Emma, Reece and Luke happy made me happy too. I can't believe half a dozen days ago, i was close to killing myself. I definitely don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon.  Eventually Emma got bored on the swings and ran over to the massive slide, me following behind. Soon after Reece and Luke joined us and we were racing down the slides giggling constantly. It's times like these when i forget about the demons in my mind making me sad snd feel like not living. Probably doesn't help not taking my medication as well as i should.

"Is it okay for Elizabeth to come and play with Emma?" One of the mums of a girl in Emma's class asked. "Yeah sure !" I replied with a smile on my face. Emma seemed happy by this as they quickly ran of giggling together. Reece had messaged his mates and they just turned up. He then ran over to meet them at the larger pitch. This left me and Luke alone. We strolled over to the swings and sat down on them. He smiled at me and said once again, "Day six, reason six. Here, where you live. The second we got to this park, a smile wiped across your face." As usual, i smiled at him. Why did this boy make me so happy. Over the past 6 days, I've gotten so comfortable with him and he's helped me change my way of thinking. He has had such a massive impact on my life in one single week!

"What time is it?" I asked Luke as he had a watch on. But then Emma decided to start to sing, "Summer time!" This earned a giggle off me and Luke but then Luke actually told me the time. After we continued talking for a while, we all began to feel hungry. As i knew this would happen, i had brought some money for us to grab some food. Eventually we decided to go to subway to pick up some food. When we had collected our food, we all headed back to the orphanage. Luke said his mother had messaged him and asked him to go home so went and walked with Luke to his house.

When Luke had gotten home, Reece, Emma and i continued to walk home. The door was still locked and shut unlike the previous day. Grace was in the kitchen when we made it home, preparing for tea tonight. As we had spent most of the day out at the park, we were all quite tired so the three of us just sat on the sofa, once again watching another film.