Love at First Sight?

*Jacob POV*

Ugh.. senior year just started and I wasn't really sure how the year would go but hopefully I wouldn't become hated. It was a new school and I was gay, which is why I was always nervous to meet new people. I didn't know how people would react and certainly wasn't sure I wanted to either.

I was driving to school and saw lots of really unique fur designs, bright colors to plain black. I found it fascinating how they always had their own designs and no one was the same. I drove by the football field and the baseball field and parked. I had joined the football team just three weeks ago. The coach was the only one that knew I was gay, which he didn't seem to mind. I didn't know about the other players though. My old school hated me for being gay, which makes it a little difficult to be myself when nobody really understands it.

After I parked, I walked to the central office and picked up my parking ticket stating I own the spot and my class schedule. The counselor was really nice, she always gave me candy. I put the candy in my pocket and walked to the cafeteria for breakfast. I wasn't hungry so I just sat at an empty table and pulled out my phone. I had a yiff page open and my heart jolted and I looked around to make sure nobody saw. Nobody did luckily. I closed the page and checked Muzzlbook and Paw Plus. I had no notifications so I clicked my phone off and put it away and just looked around at the decorations that greeted the students in. It was pretty nice. The walls were layered with color. The bottom was black then a white stripe then a orange stripe. I guessed they were the school colors. I looked around more and found a few people looking at me and whispering. I just smiled and waved. I guess rumors will start soon. I already have conversations about me. I decided to eat breakfast and got at the end of the line.

By the time I got my food, there were no seats left so I took my biscuit and sausage and put my tray in the cleaning rack and walked outside and sat down against the wall. It was an easy 80 degrees already. It was comfortable. I ate my food and studied my surroundings. I could see the football field from here and looked at it imagining me throwing the ball for the touchdown-

My thoughts were interrupted by a higher pitched voice. It was almost like a girls but it wasn't. "Hello? You in there?" I shook the thought from my head and looked up to see a shorter sized wolf. Wait... he's the one who was giggling about me in the cafeteria.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I was daydreaming," I said jumping up. I was an easy 4 inches taller than him. He had a feminine state about him that I found attractive. I started to get nervous around him.

He giggles, "It's ok. I saw you in the cafeteria. I figured I'd come say hello and try to get you to be our friend before you meet the football team. They hate me and my friends."

"Oh... well, why would they hate you? You seem really nice," I was concerned for him. That's what I went through last year at my old school. It was obvious he was either gay or just a feminine guy. Whichever, I thought he was cute.

"Well... it is easy to tell by how I act but it still makes me nervous to tell new people... I'm gay, you see..." He drifted off.

"Hey, I won't judge you. I'm not against it. And I'll be your friend," I said trying to make him feel better.

"Well, thank you, my names Chris," He said holding his paw out.

I pushed it away and he gave me a nervous look. I embraced him in a hug instead, "It's fine, I'm not homophobic. My names Jacob."  He seemed very happy to get a hug from someone new. He hugged back. I saw a few of the furs he was with walk out and see us hugging. One of them jumped up and pointed to us and smiled and covered her muzzle. She was a wolf as well. She was brown with a cyan blue outline around her eyes and pink on the tip of her ears and tail. Her paws were white. I had to admit, she was pretty.

I blushed and let go of Chris. "Heh... it was nothing. I just..." I couldn't find the words to finish.

Chris grabbed my wrist and pulled my to his friends. "Guys, this is Jacob. He's in the friend club now. He's my friend now," Chris told his friends. There were three of them. I learned that the pretty wolfs name was McCarla. She said to call her Carly though so I will. The other two were cats. One was pitch black with bright green eyes. Her name was Misty. Which she just goes by Mist. The other wolf had a very sophisticated design. He was all different colors. He was very shy and didn't talk much. I learned that his name was Nick. He had one green eye and one blue. A black stripe that wrapped around his eyes and he was short, he was even shorter than Chris.

"It's nice to meet you guys. I was thinking I wouldn't make friends until later this week," I said smiling.

"I can't hold this in any longer... you are really cute.." Carly said covering her muzzle. She blushed bright red.

I just smiled. I didn't want to say I am gay in fear of breaking her heart. I would have to sooner or later. Better now than later, "I'm sorry hun, I'm not straight. I'm gay." I smiled warmly.

Her eyes grew wide and looked at Chris and Nick. They both blushed and disappeared inside. I giggled and looked at Carly and Mist, "They afraid of me?"

Carly laughed, "No, sweetie, Chris was talking about how cute you were earlier and Nick wants him to get with you. They were doubtful about it because they didn't know you were gay."

I laughed, " I think he's cute. I figured he was gay. I wouldn't mind being with him. I'm single." I said that with a wink. I walked to my first period and went through the day. I thought about Chris the whole day.

Football practice was about to begin so I headed out and got in uniform and went out on the field.