i.┃"i'm getting married."

"W-Wait what?" Daehwi stuttered through his short sentence, as his hand stopped mid-way into grabbing his glass of iced tea.

"Um, I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" Jihoon seemed to be in a state of shock as well, almost dropping his fork with the stabbed piece of meat in it upon hearing those three words escape Jinyoung's mouth.

"Uh, I don't think I heard you correctly," Woojin weakly let out, his previous intentions of shoving some meat and rice into his mouth long forgotten.

Guanlin's state was no different, he didn't say a word. He couldn't even do so in the first place, considering the poor boy choked on his own iced tea since Jinyoung spoke while he was drinking.

Jinyoung inhaled, before deeply letting it out, "I said, I'm getting married."

Their table was then filled with an uncomfortable silence, Daehwi's eyes were as wide as saucers and his eyebrows were almost knitted together; Jihoon just stared blankly and stupidly at Jinyoung, Woojin whispered a "I still think I heard him wrong,", whilst Guanlin had to process things through first and gave Jinyoung the "are-you-sure-you're-sober" face.

"Aha," Jihoon began, his small laugh sounded as if he was trying to convince himself that he didn't hear right, "Jinyoung, what the actual hell?"

Guanlin's voice followed after, "Jinyoung-hyung, are you that drunk? Do you need a drive home?", only earning Jihoon's, "Oh, don't be ridiculous, Guanlin. You can't drive, you're sixteen for goodness's sake. And Jinyoung can't drink!"

"Well Jinyoung-hyung here is getting married at seventeen," the youngest of the five protested, pointing a seemingly accusing finger at Jinyoung, "Are you more concerned about me driving or him getting married?"

"Now, now, quit it you two!" Woojin hissed, pulling Guanlin back, since Jihoon and Guanlin seemed to be getting their selves nearer to each other each time a comeback is said.

Jinyoung decided to ignore yet another back-and-forth from Jihoon and Guanlin, managing to get used to their childish bickers since they both came into his life, turned to Daehwi, who was sitting across from him in their restaurant table.

"Daehwi? You okay?"

Daehwi's eyes were just boring into Jinyoung's face, his expression looking lost, still wearing the face of his reaction from earlier. He hasn't inched a bit, except his hand that was about to reach for his glass has rested beside his half-emptied plate.

In short, Daehwi was most definitely not okay.

Jinyoung wasn't even sure if Daehwi actually heard his question, but he admitted it was a stupid move and that Daehwi's state was self explanatory.

Just then, the ring tone of Jinyoung went off and the sound coming from his phone shut Jihoon and Guanlin off and thankfully snapped Daehwi off of his trance.

After muttering a quick, "Sorry.", Jinyoung winced and stood up, leaving the three of his closest friends in confusion. He didn't need to know what that call was for.

Jinyoung, now out of his seat, cancelled the call and started wearing his coat.

"Wait, where are you going?! What about your food?!" Jihoon almost yelled, clearly not pleased with the fact that Jinyoung is willingly about to leave without even finishing up his plate.

"Daehwi can have it," Jinyoung replied, "Now I'll be going. See you all soon." After bidding them goodbye, Jinyoung bowed slightly and waved, but then he stopped. "Me?" Daehwi questioned, looking puzzled, pointing to himself.