Chapter 16

*Alfie's POV*

When I was told about the recording I was furious. How could that have done that to us? We're their friends! I mean I knew that they only wanted a laugh, but I never thought they were willing to shed every ounce of respect they possessed to do so.

I grabbed my keys and ran out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I tried calling Zoe but she wouldn't pick up. But I knew where she would go. I drove to the shore, towards the very end of a particular bay, a bay which Zoe and I are quite fond of; small, sheltered, quiet, dusted in golden sand. It's where we had our first kiss after all. At the end of this bay there's a small cave, unseen by most, but greatly appreciated by the few who know of it.

I climbed into the small opening to see a small figure sobbing into their knees, in the corner. I walked over to her andsat down, putting my arms around her.

"There there little one, shhh it's ok, I'm here now"

She turned towards me and wrapped her petite arms around my waist, and squeezed me tight. i held her closer to me and rubbed circles into her shoulder with my thumb, knowing that it calms her down. After a while she stopped crying and was breathing normally. She looked up at me with watery blue eyes, which were now a vibrant blue due to the crying. Her expression and the look in her eyes all said one thing: why?

I didn't know how to answer the question, so i just held her and ran my fingers slowly through her silky hair, and she leaned into my touch. Despite the situation I couldn't help but smile, she's the cutest and sweetest girl a guy could ask for, and despite the intrusion, what we shared last night was beautiful, and full of love.

Her tear-(and mascara)-stained face stared at me with furrowed eyes, and asked "Why are you smiling like that?"

My expression softened and I replied, "Because the one thing -one person- that I couldn't live without, is safe and sound, forever in my embrace".

She blushed and looked away, a small smile at her plump lips. I ran a hand slowly down her cheek, and turned her face back towards mine. I leaned in closer, taking in the ocean of beauty and purity that lay in her eyes, and whispered to my one and only;

"You are my everything Zoey, nothing and no-one could change that, no level of stupidity could possibly dim the love that I feel for you, and that will always be just for you."

New tears formed in Zoes eyes, and a true smile wove through her expression. She pecked my lips and threw her arms around me, and choked out;

"Oh Alfie, what  would I do without you? I love you so much"

I pressed my hand into her back while the other's grip tightened around her. No matter what happens I will always be there for her, I will always find a way to love and protect her, for she's everything I could ever ask for, everything I could ever want.

*Troye's POV*

Alfie's been gone for hours, and the rest of us and are

pacing the house, riddled with guilt, our heads hanging in shame. It seemed like such a hilarious idea at the time, and Alfie's so easy-going, we didn't think he'd take it so badly, we thought that we could all laugh over it and share deeply blushing faces. But I never considered Zoe's feelings. She was a virgin, and we put a dark spot in her first time. We ruined what is supposed to be one of the most special nights of her life, and I feel like shit for doing so.

She's my best friend, apart from Tyler, I should've known better, I should've stopped Tyler, or maybe not pointed it out at all and let him go on with his first prank idea. He was so determined and focused he probably wouldn't have heard them anyway. I'm such an idiot. Zoe probably hates me now, and I can't have my bestie hating me, I love her to bits, even though right now it doesn't seem like it.

I sigh and bury my head behind my hands. Idiot. I hear a quiet sob and look up to see Tyler holding his head in his hands, he must be feeling as bad as I am.

I sneak my arm aroud him and rub his shoulder, hoping to provide some comfort. He leans into me and keeps on crying. Regret was coming off him in waves, and I could feel his pain, as I was sharing the same heart-wrenching emotion.

But unfortunately, what's done is done, all we can do now is wait. Wait for Alfie and Zoey to return and then apologize a few hundred times, and hope that they see that we sincerely regret what we did, and that it's wrecking us up and tearing out our insides. And maybe, just maybe, things will be ok.

A/N

Wow. Emotional rollercoaster huh? What did you guys think? I hope you're liking this story so far :) If you did please comment/vote/share the story, it really means a lot to us, knowing that there are people who acutally read our story :)

BTW, we've reached around 1750ish reads combined!!! THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU ARE EPIC!!!!!

Have a nice week :)

-C