chapter 8

*Troye's pov*

My jaw dropped.

Connor and Tyler walked through the doors, well actually it was more of a shuffle. Tyler's arm was slung around Connor' s shoulder, looking like he could barely stand, while Connor was holding up a drunk looking Tyler.

It wasn't even noon yet, why would Tyler be drinking this heavily this early?!

~A few hours earlier~

*Tyler's pov*

I got up early (relatively speaking) and went to look for Connor. There's something on my chest, and I need to say it to someone who'll understand,  and to someone who isn't Troye.

As I hopped down the last step I bumped into a cheerful Zoey.

"Good morning Tyler! Sleep well?"

"Morning. Yeah yeah"

"Are you okay?  You seem a little...skittish"

"Yeah I'm fine! Er have you seen Connor yet? "

"Yeah, he was making coffee just 10 minutes ago. Did something happen? "

"course not!"

Her expression turned serious, and her gaze narrowed with concern.

"Are you sure nothing happened? Maybe between you and Troye?"

"Nothing happened between us, we're still besties..I just,  need some advice, and I'm hoping Connor can help."

"Ok, if there's anything I can do don't hesitate to ask"

"Thanks Zoe, but really you don't have to worry. And if Troye gets suspicious about anything, if he asks about the housing,  tell him enough to calm him, but not everything, okay?"

"Okay. Now go find Connor"

I smiled at her and headed towards the connected living room/kitchen.

Connor sat on the dark brown couch , laptop on his lap and a mug in his right hand. He looked up at me and grinned,

"Hey buddy! "

"Hey Con, um do you have a minute? " 

"Of course!  What's up?"

"Feel like going for a walk?"

" Sure. Do I need a sample from the stash?"

" That would help."

He shut his laptop and walked to the far end of the room,  where some bags still lay. He reached into one and pulled out a bottle of vodka.

Together we left the house and headed for the shore. After some pacing and kicking sand, I sat down in a secluded spot, and Connor followed.

"What's up Tyler?"

I sighed and started talking;

"Before I came here I was looking for an excuse to meet up with Troye,  and when I was told about this vaction I was so happy, cause I'd finally get to see Troye.

I claimed to myself that my happiness was to that extent because Troye's my best friend so obviously I want to see him.

We video chatted before we met up, and the only thing going through my head was how much I missed him, and how I wished he could be in my arms."

I took a swig of booze before I continued.

"I kept thinking of Troye. Only of Troye,  and how adorable he is, how funny, how he cheers me up just by talking to me. I was noticing his attractiveness grow by each passing day.