Chapter 22

"You can't work on your birthday that's just stupid" Rach groaned on the other end of the phone as Ally rolled her eyes as she walked from the underground to Ruby's.

"Babe I'm thirty there's not much to celebrate except my days are numbered before I find a grey hair" Ally replied racking her fingers through her highlighted hair as she became paranoid.

"You are missing my point we could be celebrating you joining the rest of us finally" Rach replied as she heard muffled voices in the background.

"Listen Rach as intriguing as the conversation is Tiff begged me to cover for a few hours tonight, your hen is in 3 days we can have a drink then..Love you Rach" Ally said as she walked to the entrance of work

"Ughhhh boooo you whore" Rach mumbled

"Where are you anyway" the blonde asked

"Just at Ruby's now..looks quiet" Ally added as she made her way through the door suddenly the lights flickered on as "SURPRISE" echoed through her phone and around her.

Ally gasped as she held a tight grip on her phone as she stepped back looking at all the familiar faces around her including Rach who was now in a fit of giggles pointing at her.

"Hang up the phone you twat" Rach laughed into the phone before putting hers away and stepping towards Ally who was still standing by the door.

"Surprise birthday girl" Shel chirped pushing past Rach as she pulled Ally into a tight hug.

"What the fuck" Ally mumbled to Rach as her fiancé squeezed Ally tightly and released her as the crowd smiled and shouted happy birthdays towards Ally.

"It wasn't just me" Rach replied defensively as she kissed her best friends cheek and pointed towards the bar where Tiff winked and blew Ally a kiss.

"I hate the pair of you" Ally sulked as Rach smacked Ally's arse pushing her towards the crowd of Ally's friends.

**

"Having a good time sweet thing" Tiff handed Ally a fresh glass of vodka and coke as a few of Ally's old friends left the brunette with the older woman.

"You know I felt so bad when you rang me this morning saying you were vomiting and begging for me to come in" Ally huffed.

"Well how else were we going to make it a surprise for you...thirty's a big mile stone in your life babe..what better way to ring it in than with your mates and some hot babes in a bar" Tiff smiled looking around her club..she really was proud of her club and Ally admired how dedicated Tiff was in running her business.

"Hot babes aye" Ally questioned taking a sip of her drink as she glanced around the bar.

Blondes, brunettes, red heads you name it they were there..although Ally knew quite a few people here there were still some random girls scattered around the club as it was an open night for customers.

"Don't look now but you're even being watched" Tiff said discreetly sipping her own drink as Ally's eye scanned the room

"Who" Ally questioned.

"Left to the stage" Tiff said casually looking over Ally's shoulder as Ally's head snapped around her eyes connecting with a guilty faced Katie who stood awkwardly next Jane who was deep in conversation with a blonde middle aged woman.

Ally snapped her body back around to face a confused Tiff as Ally gulped back her drink.

"Trouble in paradise" Tiff asked keeping an eye on Katie whose eyes pleaded for Ally to turn back around.