Chapter 5: August 15 pt.1

Athena POV

What? Zendaya mouths when I tap her on the shoulder.

I was trying to get Scott's,which he was making impossible because he decided to sit in front of the class, away from me.

I ws currently in maths class loking like an idiot doing psst sounds and aiming scrunched up paper balls at Scott who ignored them.

Scott I mouthed back to Zendaya while pointing towards him. Sh looked forward then turned back at me.

Just leave him Athena, talk to him after class  Zendaya mouths before turning to face the board. Oh my, did that just happen. Does she know what happened betwen me and Scott.

I slump my head against the desk and mute out the rest of the world. A vibration drags me out of my thoughts and I pat my jean pocket to find my phone buzzing from a message.

A gentle smile reaches my lips as I see the name on the screen..

Wylde

I open the message

Hey Babe,

Mine's tonight?Or yours?xMy smile fades into a nervous lip twist.I thought hard before I replied.

Mine x

I guessed it was safe this way, knowing that everyone will be home tonight. My phone instantly buzzes with Wylde's reply.

Ok, see you then x

My heart twists at knowing that he was expecting a different answer.

"Ahemm" A deep grumbled voice makes me snap my head up.

Shit. Mr Brown was standing in front of me with his hand, palm facing up towards me.

" Sir-

"-Now Athena" Mr Brown interjects sternly.

I flick my eyes towards Scott and find that he still had his back faced towards me.

I don't know if it was the fact that he didn't turn around that hurt me, or the fact that he's succeeding in making me feel like shit.

I reluctantly hand over my phone, not before switching it off. Mr Brown turns on his heel and continues with the lesson I happily drained out. Just great Athena, everyone in the world hates you now.

Recess bell rings and I quickly grab my bag and scamper out of the classroom as tears start to fall from my eyes. I rush to the girl's bathroom and hide behind the toilet door.

Why do I always have to do this?I'm so stupid. Stupid stupid stupid.

"Athena?" Scott's voice echoes from in the girl's bathroom. I instantly stop sobbing and hold my breath. I really didn't want him to know I was in here crying.

"Athena I know your in here" Scott urges for an answer and I just flip the toilet lid down and sit upon it with my legs up, elbows resting on knees.

"Uh excuse me?" A girl's voice sounds probably to Scott who was in here.

" What. I'm gay" Scott replies which makes me resist the urge to smile at that. Scott always had a way with words, he could get out of anything. Which he did now with the girl.

" Athena?"Scott calls again and I see his shadow walking past all the doors. I look to my door and find both relief and panic when I see it's locked.

Scott's shadow was one toilet away, and I grew scared. Scared? I don't know why.

Finally he pushes on my door that didn't budge.