Rogue x Reader | Complementary

Start from the beginning

"Finished!" Sting suddenly cheered, startling Rogue the slightest bit as he winced at the loudness. [Name] winced as well, covering her ears.

"Too loud!"

"Sorry!" Sting grinned, standing up to stretch his hands. "I'll wait for you two outside. Feel free to come out when my office is clean!"

With that, he left [Name] and Rogue alone in the room, which was somewhat clean. She looked at the taller male, who was now reading a book instead of helping her clean.

[Name] sighed as she quickly neatened up the room, no thanks to her boyfriend. She pulled on his hand when she finished.

"Come on Rogue. Let's go" [Name] said, taking the book out of his hands.

Rogue nodded and followed her out to the guild. They could tell that Sting was waiting outside, most likely chatting his head off to someone.

Rogue walked outside while [Name] went to Yukino to retrieve the job request that they had in Clover town.

"We might take a few days so tell Minerva that she's in charge!" [Name] waved.

"Of course [Name]-Sama! Good luck!"

"See you later!" [Name] grinned, skipping out the guild to find her two partners talking.

Well, it was more like Sting talking and Rogue silently listening. It was always like that. Neither them minded and it was always comforting having someone willing to listen to them.

Rogue never outwardly complained about how much they talked and instead welcomed it. Over time, [Name] grew to recognise and understand his body language and facial features.

They complemented the other well.

∞∞∞

"How do you think he's going to do?" [Name] asked, sipping on the drink.

"Like he always does"

"I suppose so. Sting's the youngest guild master there and he talks to much so I always feel as though he'll be kicked out of the meeting one day" [Name] smiled innocently, looking at Rogue and deciphering his emotion. "Ah, sorry. I'm only worried about him so you don't have to worry about that. I still love you"

Rogue nodded once, staring at her as she continued to talk. Though she opted to talk about a different topic. One that wasn't about Sting.

"Have you two decided on what you want yet?" a waitress appeared, disrupting [Name]'s rant.

"Yup" [Name] smiled and immediately told her what she wanted, though she noticed that the waitress wasn't concentrating on her words but instead on her boyfriend.

[Name] narrowed her eyes slightly when she finished, but decided to not say anything. Rogue wasn't even looking at the waitress so it would be fine. He was staring outside.

"Hello? Miss, did you get that?" [Name] asked with the same smile, resting her hand on her cheek.

"Huh? Oh yes. Of course. And what about you sir?" the waitress halfheartedly answered [Name]'s question, looking back to Rogue with a look in her eyes that [Name] didn't like.

"What [Name]'s having" Rogue only muttered, still glancing outside.

"And anything else?" she asked, directing it more towards Rogue. 

"That'll be all, thank you" [Name] told her as Rogue nodded, turning back from watching the scenery outside.

"Alright!" the waitress smiled, winking at Rogue before leaving.

[Name] watched her leave with a slight frown, already not liking the girl. She took a sip of her drink.

"Are you jealous?" Rogue asked her out of nowhere, making [Name] blush.

"No... maybe..." [Name] mumbled, [Eye Colour] eyes never meeting his. "I don't like that waitress"

"And why not?" he asked, a slight teasing tone that no one else but her would be able to detect.

"You know why..." [Name] whined quietly, finally turning to look at him.

"You don't have to worry. I love you"

For some reason, those few simple words from him just made her feel so happy inside. It made her seem like such a simple girl, to feel so happy from just a few simple words.

There are girls out there who expected a lot from their boyfriends. They would be pleased with only the most extravagant of gifts.

But for [Name], though she herself talked so much, she felt so happy just hearing those simple words from Rogue.

"Here is the first dish!" the waitress came back again, a plate of food in her hands as she placed it in front of Rogue. She then faced [Name], smiling happily. "There was a problem in the kitchen, would you mind waiting?"

"It's fine" [Name] told her, not minding at all.

"Could you give the plate to my girlfriend instead?" Rogue asked the waitress quietly, looking up.

"O-Of course sir" the waitress hurriedly did as he asked before leaving. [Name] noticed the glare that was aimed towards her but pretended to not see it.

"Are you sure?" [Name] asked, glancing to Rogue.

"Of course. You don't have to wait. It won't be good if your food gets cold" Rogue smiled slightly at her. This small action made her heart race.

[Name] nodded happily as she began to eat, occasionally lifting some food towards Rogue for him to take a bite as well.

They were two halves of a whole.

While she would talk, he would always listen to her, offering advice at times. When in a bit of a situation himself, [Name] would always be ready to attempt to talk them out of it.

His silence gave her great comfort and her voice made him feel at ease.

~~~ End ~~~