"you're a natural"

Start from the beginning

"What's up?" I asked her, turning around to look up at her.

"My mom just texted me and I'm being forced to go to my Nan's house for the night. I have to take her somewhere in the morning, and I'm missing some of the school day because of it. I won't be at yours tonight." I frowned as Sam gave me the news and she sighed at my reaction. "I know, My, but trust me I'd much rather go to yours. My Nan is a pushy woman... I'm sorry, babe."

"It's okay," I told her, waving it off as no big thing. "I'll be fine." I sent Sam a smile to reassure her that I could handle being on my own and she nodded, trusting me.

"Call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Of course." The bell rang and Sam squeezed my shoulder before walking away and taking her seat. I could tell Calum was looking at me, but I diverted my eyes from him and looked down at my paper, determined to get the bell work finished.

"If you need... I can come over tonight. Just so you don't have to be alone. I guess Noah could easily just pop over to check in on you, which is fine, I just—" Surprised by Calum's sudden wave of energy, I began to laugh and I looked up at him.

"That's a nice gesture... but why do you care about me?" I asked Calum and he scoffed as he brought his hand up to the back of his neck.

"I just... I'm being nice, is all." I tilted my head at Calum and he coughed quietly, clearing his throat. "It was a stupid suggestion, just forget it."

"No, it's not stupid... let's get that bite to eat, yeah?" Calum turned to me and I sent him a smile, which he slowly returned. He nodded and after joining in with him, we both turned away from each other and looked to the front of the room.

"Ah, wonderful. Miss Jacobson and Mr. Hood have finally decided to join us! Good morning, you two." Mr. Isaacs sent us a wide smile and I bit my lip as my cheeks started to burn. He let us off without another word, and began to go over the bell work. After some time had passed, I looked over at Calum to see him intently listening to what Mr. Isaacs was saying.

Calum's eyes glanced in my direction and I looked away embarrassedly as he let out a small laugh. He nudged my arm with his elbow and I nudged him back, quietly telling him to quit.

I looked up at Mr. Isaacs and began to listen, knowing the two of us were going to get into trouble if we didn't start giving him our full attention. After a minute of paying attention, Calum pushed his notebook toward me, and as I glanced down, I saw a short note written in the corner of his paper.

Like what you see? ;)

I rolled my eyes as I read the note, and I immediately began to write something back.

Just trying to figure out how someone could be so funny looking :-)

I slid the notebook back to Calum and held back a laugh as I heard him gasp. He started to aggressively write back a note, and as he slid the notebook back to me, I couldn't help but to giggle at his message.

I'm telling Mr. Isucks

"Miss Jacobson and Mr. Hood." The both of us looked up at Mr. Isaacs simultaneously, and I grimaced as he looked at me. "Can I please do my job? I know it's Monday and it's been a whole two days since you last sat by each other, but you're disrupting my class."

"That's my bad, Mr. Isaacs," Calum began to apologize and I looked at him as he did. "Sorry, it won't happen again."

"If it does, I'm separating the two of you." Mr. Isaacs went back to teaching class and I mentally applauded Calum as he closed his notebook so that we couldn't do any further damage.