Chapter 3

A/n) Hey guys! Here's the next chapter! Sorry It took so long ^w^'

I had just closed my eyes, when I felt more awake than ever. I sit up to look around, and the sun's rising. I immediately get up and burst open the closest guest room door only to find it was empty. I sink to the ground tears blurring my vision, and turning the corners of my vision grey. I cry in the hall for about thirty minutes before I get up to start walking around the mountain again. I look up to where I'd seen them come out before, but as the sun rose, no one appeared. I ran back home and packed a backpack with supplies and headed out to the mountain within the hour. I started climbing up the mountain when I saw Frisk. I bite my tongue to not call out to them, but instead follow them. They get to a giant hole in the ground, and trip on a vine. I run over to them, and quickly grab their ankle. They look up surprised actually opening their eyes to reveal they are red. I gasp as I feel myself slipping from the cliff. I quickly react by swinging Frisk over the ledge to stay above the gaping hole, as I fall. I fall fast and for quite a bit of time. I stay silent as I already believe that this is the end, and throughout the 'years' It would be a nice release from the hell I was living. As I hit the ground I fall unconscious.

I awake after an amount of time, only to find I'm still at the bottom of the pit. I look around, and notice that a patch of buttercups had broken my fall. 'Did I not fall that far?' I look up to find it indeed was a very long fall. 'How did I survive that?' I stand up to find I had almost sprained my ankle enough to shatter. I let out a whimper as I lean onto a wall, when I notice there's a doorway. I wait for my ankle to adjust, then I get two long smoothe rocks and a vine to make a makeshift ankle brace. I walk on to the doorway leaning more of my weight on my uninjured foot. I go through the darkness and doorway to find that there's a lone, damaged flower. It somewhat looked like flowey from 'yesterday'. I approach him to just have him turn around, and shake a bit when he sees me. "Y-you aren't supposed to b-be here!" He said in a hushed tone. I look at him confused as it seems he registers that he said something he thought he wasn't supposed to say. "U-uuuh I m-mean, welcome to the underground." he had quickly corrected himself. "I-I'm Flowey, Flowey the flower." I look at him and crouch to the best of my ability and extend my finger out to him. "I'm (Y/n), nice to meet you Flowey." Flowey extends a shaky leaf to shake my finger as a greeting. I say, "I know this might sound crazy, but I think we've met before." I say hoping he remembers. Flowey looks at me skeptically, and replies "What do you mean?" I sigh and then say. "Nevermind..." His eyes widen as he asks "Do you know about the resets?" I look at him shocked and reply "Is that what you call it when the day repeats?" He looks around panicked and then the room goes solid black as a heart that is fluctuating between red and blue appears. "O-oh. I-I've never seen *that* before..." He looks very surprised as the room goes back to normal. "What do you mean?" I ask him "Well, I've only ever seen kids fall down here. The oldest having been barely double-digits. They only have one color. You're an adult, so you have another." I look at Flowey very shocked at his words. 'Only kids? What the hell were their parents doing?' Flowey looks at me once again. "You need to get out of here... If Toriel finds *you* here, I don't know what she'll do..." I look at Flowey and ask him, "Then where do I go?" He looks around and then finally responds "Give me your arm! I can hold onto it and guide you through here!" I reach my arm towards him, and he extends his roots to hold onto my arm. "Alright, now what do we do?" he looks at me then forwards. "We need to get out of here. This is the ruins. Toriel will probably find us soon if we don't keep moving forwards." I nod to Flowey, and continue forwards.

After the first room, we start to hear footsteps. "That's her!" Flowey whispers. I duck into a dark corner and hide. I see Toriel walk past and see that she seems more crazy then when I had first seen her. I step over a stone, accidentally kicking it. Toriel immediately looks in our direction, and walks over. "Hello? Is there someone there?" She calls out in a sickly sweet tone. Flowey lets out a small whimper as he shakes, and that's when Toriel looks directly at us, and smiles. Toriel walks over to us and pulls me out of the dark corner by the arm. I look up at her and gasp. Her eyes seem to be more red, and yellow than when I first had seen her. "Oh." she says coldly. "An adult. Well. She does seem younger. That won't be a problem." Toriel says smiling wider than before. I gulp, then her eyes are directed at Flowey who is on my other arm. "And she brought a pet." Toriel says, seeming sarcastic. Flowey cowers behind my arm, and I say to Toriel, "Would it hurt to be a little more kind?" That's when she just stares at me as if I had said some math equation no one has solved yet. She whispers a name, then shakes her head saying "I have something to do. My house is at the end of the ruins, I'll meet you again there." Then just walks off. Flowey then speaks up "W-well, that was odd. How about we try to get there before she does." I nod to him and walk onward.

As we had gone through the ruins, I had made some friends with the Froggit's, Whimsum's, Moldsmall's, Migosp's, Loox's, Vegitoid's, and the ghost named Napstablook. I had also bought a spider doughnut, but decided to save it for a later time. We were approaching a small tidy house when Toriel had started walking to meet up with us. She had taken out her phone dialing a number, then our phone had rang. She looks up startled and walks over to us. "Great job! I'm glad I didn't need to explain anything to you. That wouldn't make anything fun." Toriel then checks me. "Wow! Not a scratch!" I glance at Flowey for and explanation of any kind, and he just shrugs. I look back at Toriel who then takes my arm and leads me inside. She then leads me to the right hallway, saying "Surprise! Your very own room! I do hope you'll like it here." Her eye twitches. I thank her quietly, and then she sniffs the air. "Is something, burning?" she looks startled and then quickly adds "Make yourself at home!" I remember her having talked about a pie, so I think that's what was burning. I then hear her call out "It will be a bit until the pie cools, please, take a nap if you so wish." I then enter the room to see a very child-like room with worn toys and stuffed animals everywhere. I get on the bed and then grab a pot from inside the room that has some dirt in it. 'There must have been a flower in there at some point.' I extend my arm out to it saying. "That might be a little more comfortable than my arm." Flowey then nods at me and grounds himself in the pot. I turn him around and he turns back looking at me confused. "Why did you turn me?" He had asked. "So I could change out of these tattered clothes." I had replied. Flowey's face had slightly flushed and he turned back around apologizing. I chuckle a bit and accept his apology. I set my bag on the ground, and start to grab an outfit. I grab a crop-top red sweater with black stripes and long sleeves, a black undershirt, ripped denim shorts, with black leggings, and leather combat boots to match. After I finish changing I say "Alright Flowey. You're good to turn around now." Flowey turns around and sighs. I decide to lay on the bed to take a short nap. I had propped my foot up and laid on my back. I slowly had dozed off to sleep.

A/n) whew. Glad that's done. I'll update my Papyrus x reader next! The first chapter is going to be in two parts since it's taking so long XP

See ya then guys!

Word count: 1,481