Chapter 1: What's happening?

I took a deep breath as I stepped outside. 'Such a beautiful day.' I started my slow stroll towards the bottom of the mountain called Mount Ebbot. I wasn't sure if the legends of the mountain were true, but I've always liked to stroll around it at the park nearby. Today seemed different though. I couldn't quite place it. Probably because of my 'deja vu', but I know that's a bunch of bull. I've lived the same day over and over and over... By now I'm used to having spent almost two years as a young 23 year old woman. Now, I'm not complaining about staying young, but I'm not sure why I'm the only one who notices... It's bizarre, because I'm usually the last one to notice it, but I seem to be the first, and only one. It's been September 17, 2018 for the longest time. I've started to lose count of all the 'days' as they pass. I almost 100% sure I have missed a few 'weeks', so it might be closer to three years than I think. Whatever the day, something is different about today... I had looked at the sun as it rose above the green grass and turned the sky from grey to red, orange, and pink. I then had impulsively had looked up at the mountain's summit, and saw what looked like people? Who would be up on the mountain with the rumors being so violent. Let alone it being a child! 'Holy shit! That's a kid!' I continued to stare at the mountain as more people began to join the child. As I watch I notice the first two. One is shorter than the other, and looks more feminine. The second to join the child is a shorter, male it seems, and his possible brother? They look similar, but one is much taller than the other. As I squint to see more, they seem to be pale with really dark eyes.

Wait...

Are those, skeletons? 'What the hell?' I continued to watch as two final others join them as well. One seems to be a short dinosaur of some sort, and the other a fish? It also seems they all like the colors black and red... 'Hmmn' that's odd, but whatever. They seem to be staring at the sunrise as I had done earlier. I turn to look at the sunrise myself, it has seemed to turn the sky into a beautiful warm orange and yellow color. I take another breath as I release a sigh looking back up the mountain to see only the child and the first to join them. I look around for the others to find nothing. 'Fucking tree coverage...' I continue looking as I hear footsteps approaching. I look in the direction of the footsteps only to see the taller skeleton approaching. 'FUCK-'. He announces his name loud and proud as 'The Great and Terrible Papyrus'. "Uuhh, h-hello?" I curse myself for stuttering, but his staggering height compared to mine is intimidating. He looks down at me with those empty eye sockets, and it seems he has an 'iris' of red in them, directed at me. I then realize he's waiting on me to introduce myself. As I mentally face palm, I state my name. "I'm (y/n)." He then smiles? It looks forced, but for some reason it feels like he is really smiling. His sharp teeth are somewhat startling at first, but he's smiling right? "OOH GOODIE! SANS! YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING PIECE OF SHIT, GET OVER HERE! I MADE A FRIEND!" Well then, I guess he's not that nice to whoever this Sans is. As I look where Papyrus is I notice a shorter skeleton walking out of the tree line. He's also fairly tall. Taller than I first had thought actually. Still taller than me though, as usual. He walks over with a calm expression, despite being shouted at and asks "Who is it boss?" I look startled as he glances at me and then to his boss? He then asks as he points to me "Is it this hottie? Because if it is, then I don't believe ya." I blush in response to what he called me as his 'boss' stomps his foot. "NO SANS! YOU PIECE OF SHIT OF A BROTHER! HER NAME IS (Y/N)! DO NOT DISRESPECT HER LIKE THAT!" He shouts at Sans who doesn't flinch in the slightest. 'So they ARE brothers.' I somewhat am now behind Papyrus as he had stepped forward. Sans only chuckled "What? All I did was call her a 'hottie'. Shouldn't that be a compliment? I called her hot." My face heats up a bit more. "And she doesn't seem to mind. She would have said something if she did right?" He says next with a smug grin on his face as he winks at me. I only blush harder as his brother then replies "Sans, why are you like this?" he says quieter than before as he face palms, and stands upright. Sans chuckled again, "Eh, what's the matter boss? Ya flustered being in front of a cutie?" I blush once more, My face starting to feel like it's on fire. Sans looks at me again as he winks again with a small smirk. "Uhhhg! I'm done with you Sans... why don't you try to make a friend." Papyrus retorts with a scowl on his face. "Sure, I can make a friend." He smirks as he approaches me, and says "Heya, I'm Sans." He extends his hand out to me. I sheepishly go to take his hand before Papyrus slaps his brother's hand screeching "SANS DO NOT USE THE FUCKING JOY BUZZER!" He sighs and says "Fine, fine. Here." he extends his other hand that I then shake. *fart* I snerk at the sound, and then start to laugh a bit. "SANS WHAT THE FUCK?" "What? I can't have a little fun? She seems to have enjoyed that prank." as he gestured to me laughing in front of him. Papyrus saw my laughter and then stated "Do nothing more than harmless pranks on my friend..." Sans smirked and waited for me to stop laughing. "Anyway, yeah, I'm Sans, though you probably already knew that." I chuckled as I reply "And I'm (Y/n), but you also probably already knew that." "Yeah. I mean, My bro kind of shouted it at me, so yeah." I chuckled again as I hear more footsteps approaching. I looked over to where I heard the footsteps, and saw the dinosaur, and fish looking women approaching. "What the- Sans, how the fuck did you beat me?" The fish lady asks, not seeming to have noticed me yet. "Well ya, know. Just getting to know a hottie." He replies slightly sarcastic having gestured to me once again, and not to my control my blush re-appeared to my face. The fish lady and dinosaur lady both look at me, then at each other and shrug. I look off to the side and look down as Sans had looked at me, and noticed my discouraged face. He then puts his hand on my shoulder with a teasing smile, and a mischievous shine in his golden tooth. "Hey, c'mon you guys. She's the first of the humans to like us right? C'mon, Alphys. Undyne. Be 'happy' like the kid asked." I look at him and my heart seems to skip a beat. My cheeks turn a soft warm pink while looking at him. 'What are you doing (y/n)? You've been down this road before! Don't let him shatter your heart like the others...' My blush then vanishes as I look down and to the side with a slight frown on my face. Sans continues to talk to the others, but he'd let go of me, so I'm standing by myself.

Eventually, the final two come down the mountain, with the child running towards Papyrus and Sans, and 'goat' woman in tow wearing a ripped gown, her front and legs exposed. The child then jumped into Papyrus' arms to give him a hug, And Papyrus seems to enjoy the hug, hugging them back. I smile at the group, now ignoring me. I turn to start walking away, when I feel a tug on my pant leg. I look over and down to see the child tugging on my pants. I look up to see the group smiling at me, and then I look down to see the kid signing something. 'Thank fuck I took those sign language classes. What are they saying? Do. You. Have. Space. In. Your. House. For. Us. Six?' My eyes widen a bit. I then remember I have three guest bedrooms, since my roommates moved out. "I have three spare bedrooms at my house. There would have to be two people a room, and I don't have many supplies." Their eyes slightly open, not to where I can see the color of them, but enough to see the shine in them. They run over to the goat looking woman, and start jumping tugging her gown signing something really fast to where I can't understand it. I then notice a flower on their shoulder looking back at me with a small timid expression. 'What the fuck? That flower has a face. He looks so beat up... should I say hi to him?' I lightly wave, lifting my arm up at the elbow. He shrinks a bit, but waves back with a shaking leaf. I smile a bit at him, then the kid turns around, and smiles at me. They skip over to me, and sign 'Where is your house at?' I look a bit surprised, and look up at the others who are waiting for a response from me. I look down at the child and say "It's close by. I don't live very close to the city, but that should be fine right?" The child nods excitedly then signing 'Can we go now?' I sheepishly nod a bit, and decide to lead the way.

(A/n)

Woo! 1,673 words!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm working on the next chapter, and I hope you'll enjoy this story! ^////^  If you notice any mistakes, then please let me know!

Love you guys!

Peace~