The Savior

Levi lay dying,  his bones shattered and the life fading from his eyes. His wings were bent beyond belief, his mouth bubbling blood. The Gods looked down upon the scene stricken with grief. The boy had risked his life for a town that did nothing but ignore he existed and gossip about his life. 

Finally, a younger new god couldn't take it anymore. Freckled Jesus they called him, he gave a frustrated roar as death walked towards Levi's small broken body.  His footsteps were the only thing Levi could hear. 

I did good right?  Yeah, I did the right thing. His eyes closed ready to be taken to the afterworld but the young god shoved death back, pouring life into Levi, his wings straightening and bones coming back together, a heavy groan sounding from his lips. Showing life. 

All the while death looked upon the god, frowning. "I must take someone today, as a replacement to the boy, it can't be just a human, Marco." 

Marco knew what was coming next, he had to be taken in exchange for the pure soul. A dire deal that was sealed with a nod as Levi was completely healed. Death smiled cruelly, the excitement of receiving a God's soul unable to be kept a secret. 

"Then the deal is sealed," Death swung his scythe, and with a sickening crack and a wet slop, Marco was cut in half.