"Shut up," He snapped.

What the hell!

"But what happen-"

"Shut up or I swear to God, I will shut you up, Scarlet," His eyes glowed in anger and I realized that he was better when he was just standing there saying nothing.

"You are impossible, Alec Sinclair," I snapped. "I was stupid to think you would be worried about me and to expect some kind of affection from you, but who was I kiddi-"

He shut me up when he suddenly ducked down and pressed his lips against mine.

His fingers gently rubbed against my cheeks as butterflies exploded in my stomach. I felt tears forming in my eyes upon realizing how much I had missed this.

I thought I would never see him again.

He pulled away, leaving me panting for more and pressed his forehead against mine.

I lifted my hands and placed them on his shoulders.

"Not worried about you? Believe me, if there's anything I did, it was to worry about you and hope you would come back to-"

He stopped abruptly and I opened my eyes to see what had happened.

His eyes were fixed on mine as a frown fell upon his lips. He brushed his fingers over the tears and wiped them away.

"I'm sorry," He muttered and I took in a deep breath.

"It's fine. I know you didn't mean to act rude a while ago."

"No," He shook his head. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you."

"Please don't say that, Alec," I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He buried his face into my shoulder, holding me tightly.

"It's not your fault she tricked me," I muttered.

"Alec, what exactly happened that night? Was there really a gunshot?" I asked in confusion.

"The cops shot the gun out of her hands before she could shoot you. Hal, her husband had pushed you to the ground with himself to save you. If it weren't for him, we would have never found you so easily."

So her husband was helping me?

"But why would he go against his own wife and son?"

"His wife has a mental condition," He spoke. I freaking knew it from the way she acted so bipolar. "She's off to get therapy for that."

There was a long, comforting silence and I could hear his heartbeat.

"Scarlet," He trailed off with a sigh. "When I saw you on the ground with all that blood on your face and arms, I thought......"

"I'm alright," I whispered.

"Just....don't ever do that to me again, okay?" He muttered in a low voice.

I couldn't help but smile. He was acting like a child.

His warm breath fanned my neck and I felt his lips against my skin. He pulled back, took my hands from around his neck and kissed my knuckles, keeping his gaze locked with mine.

My heart skipped a beat.

"I promise I'll never let anyone cause any harm to you ever again," His tone was firm.

I bit my lip to stop a smile from reaching my lips.

He held my gaze.

"I love you, Scarlet."