chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

On Monday, I was bombarded. I felt like I need to go into a bomb shelter and hide out for a few days. Actually, I almost did. But Eamon dragged me out of my closet and made me go to school anyway. I grumbled the entire way to school, though, and was rather annoying. Even to myself. 

"You guys are official right?" a few girls came up and asked kindly. I nodded, smiling shyly.

"Congratulations. He seems like a great guy." They complimented while Eamon was talking to a few guys. I watched as yet another football guy clapped him on the back and grinned.

"Lucky you!" he bellowed loudly. I rolled my eyes and walked over to them. I went up beside Eamon and smiled at the bulky boys.

"Hey guys just wanted to say that I can hear you from across the hall." I told them accusingly. They all rubbed their necks and I started to walk away. "Oh, but I'm the lucky one, so you’re wrong there." I nodded at them and left to my locker. I felt so proud doing that. Eamon had caught up to me soon after and trapped my hand in his. 

My friends were a different story. 

"AHHHHH!!!!!" was all I heard for 5 straight minutes. I sighed and plunged my head into my arms, barely missing my plate of food. 

"WOULD YOU ALL SHUT UP!?" I screamed over them. They stopped. And when I mean them, I mean Jasmine and Lila. Tara just looked at me with a satisfied smirk.

"I knew you two would end up together." She nodded at herself proudly.

"Like it was hard to figure out. They had chemistry from the first minute we met them." Eric said, rolling his eyes at his girlfriend. I gaped at them and glanced at Eamon who was also gaping at them.

"What do you mean?" Eamon asked cautiously. Everyone simultaneously rolled their eyes. 

"You guys seriously didn't notice? Jeez Aurora." Tyler said. I gasped at him.

"You’re mean! Just because I have a very slow feelings area in my brain does not mean I can't tell when something is an insult!" I scolded him.

"Exactly. You didn't even know how much you liked him. The poor guy." He shook his head sadly. I scowled at him, slightly confused.

"Okay, maybe we should stop talking about this; I think she's going to blow a gasket." Lila warned. I smiled at her thankfully. I glanced at Eamon who was blushing and looking away. I held his hand under the table and gave it a squeeze.

"Ignore them." I whispered and he glanced at me and nodded. The rest of the day went down more calmly, but I felt like I was the freaking Queen of England getting married. 

"THAT WAS HORRIBLE." I complained to Eamon on the drive home. He nodded, agreeing with me.

"Are we that popular?" he wondered, faking a cocky attitude.

"Totes." I said like a preppy girl. We came to my house and he dropped me off. "Oh, want some cake? I have too much after Saturday." I offered. He nodded and parked.

"You know, I still have all the ice cream we got when we won the Tango contest." He reminded me. I grinned.

"Oh yeah! We should have an ice cream and cake party, but only with us!" I exclaimed. 

"You mean a date?" he said.

"Right!" I said happily, slightly embarrassed I couldn't think of the word. He shook his head in amusement. 

"Okay, we can meet on Friday?" he offered. I nodded.

"My house! I have an idea!" I told him.

"Sure." He said happily. He decided to leave instead of eating cake so we could save it for Wednesday.