Sharp Teeth - Part V

Start from the beginning

The Reverend Jim enters the church door quietly less than a minute later. His calm look disappears as he sniffs. "Its no use Dean. I can hear your heartbeat. You must've done this countless times, yet you still get nervous."

Dean slowly makes his way around, his gun still pointed at the elder man. "Nothing wrong with a little fear. Its what makes us human." The Reverend turns to face the hunter "Fear is not a purely human instinct. Even monsters know fear. I came to work on my sermon."

"Well why don't you start by preaching to me about the Maw of Fenris?" He says, lowering his gun slightly as Jim looked at him shocked.

"Yeah, that's right. I know all about you and your pack's little plan."

"I assure you, we are planning nothing."

"No? Well, then, why did I read about it in your good book?"

The Reverend sighs, nodding his head to the side "Because generations ago, that hate and misplaced anger was part of our beliefs. But ever since I took over here, I have eradicated it from our congregation."

"Yeah. Well, apparently some of them didn't get the word." Dean yelled. His voice echoing in the church walls "Like the good sheriff, who just tried to off me, Ashleigh and my brother."

"Sheriff Pat?" Reverend Jim's eyes widened.

"Let me see your bullet." Dean demanded, waving his gun in his direction. He steps closer to the elder man, reaching out and grabbing onto his necklace to check for the engraving but it was clean. "Where is it?"

"Where's what?"

"Ragnarok"

"What?!" Jim yells in a whisper.

"It was etched into the Sheriff's bullet." Dean explains.

"Thats impossible. The Maw is dead."

"Yeah well, tell that to Garth and your daughter, who are missing."

Jim looks away for a moment, his eyes widening as if he were coming to a realization. "No..."

~*~

Garth began to stir awake, chained up to a pillar in the barn "Bess." He looked forward towards his wife who was already awake, tugging on her chains with fear in her eyes. The door slowly creaked open as Russ and Joba dragged Sam into the barn, Joba holding Ashleigh over his shoulders. "Sam.. Ash.." Garth mutters fearfully.

The two men drop the hunters against the nearby tractor, chaining them up a few feet from one another. "What are you two doing? Russ? Joba?!" Bess called out frantically. The two continue chaining up the unconscious hunters as Joy slowly walks into the middle of the group.

"Mom?" Bess whimpers, catching Joy's attention. "What is going on?"

Joy smirks and smacks her across the face, causing Garth to yell out "Hey!"

"First off, I'm not your mother." Joy leans in close to Bess, staring into her eyes.

"You leave her alone! You hear me!" Garth yells out, pulling on his chains angrily. "You want to hurt somebody, you hurt me!"