40

I shift effortlessly in front of her. Looking at her I growl satisfyingly.
She closes her eyes with a smile but then suddenly falls. I can't catch her as a wolf so I stand behind her and lower my head down to her. With a groan she holds her head.

"I.. I can't shift", she rests her forehead against my large one. She shakes her head," it was like a block against my wolf.. she's confused"

I lean over and pick up her dress with my teeth and drop it in her lap. She shyly shrugs it on her shoulders. I take a few steps back but she reaches out to me.

"No you can't shift yet! It'll be too much pain and you know that", she stands up and places each hand on either side of my face," lets walk.."

So we do. Although I tower over her by a few feet, she keeps a hand on my shoulder. I can tell she's still very uncomfortable mentally. No doubt she's talking with her wolf, so I don't interrupt. Its a comfortable silence while she does.

" Whats wrong with me"

I go to answer then realize I can't. My body steps away to shift. It's alot more painful this time, I'm shifting back too quick. I still wish I was able to talk mentally with Sierra, but it seems like the joining ruined it. My body feels every tear and crack of my skin and bones. I nearly fall over once I'm human again but Sierra throws herself against me to steady me.

"Damn it Ethan, I told you not to", she waits til I'm steady then tosses me my clothes," I can tell how painful that was"

"Nothings wrong with you, it's just a bad mood", I ignore her words and dress myself," you'll feel better tomorrow"," I tell this more to myself than her. I hope these actions of hers really are just an off mood.

"I was really mean to Allison..", she trails off and hugs herself.

"She told me.. I'm a little disappointed. She's your bestfriend, and she was just concerned"

She looks over at me and sighs," but I didn't mean to say anything like that! I had absolutely no control!"

"Everyone has control Sierra. And it's ok to admit you're in the wrong", I chuckle and wrap my arms around her," You know what I've noticed? You're a lot less self dependent since our marking"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I've noticed how submissive you've become around me", she pulls away at my words but I continue," you aren't yourself... you actually listen to me now, you don't go off on your own anymore..."

"We just mated a couple of days ago.. yeah theres a pull to be with you", she shrugs casually.

"You're lying. Your body language gives it away completely. I haven't said anything because I don't want to make a big deal about it. Ok? I can't help but notice these little changes in you..", I look up and see how dark its suddenly gotten," lets head home. Maybe we'll try shifting again tomorrow and see if we can go to the mountains then.."

She nods silently and turns toward the village," I love you Ethan"

I smile to myself," and I love you pup", I pick her up bridal style and carry her all the way home. She didn't fuss- not even a sarcastic comment when I did so. Maybe it's because she didn't even make it very far, as she fell asleep while we were still in the forest.

-

I roll off the bed and land on my feet. I gag uncontrollably. My eyes adjust to the darkness quickly as I run around the bed and burst into the bathroom. I throw up the raw meat I had earlier and lean against the wall breathless.

"Pup? Are you ok", Ethan kneels next to me. His fingers run through my hair and I hum happily. But with one inhale of his scent it has me bent over the toilet again. What the hell? I love his scent, it usually soothes me,"God Sierra- Here hold on"