The Five Times She Slept Over

Start from the beginning

A week and a half later on a cloudy Saturday, everyone is gathered for yet another Argent funeral. This time everyone shows up because everyone loved Allison. The pack, and Chris, are all seated in the front row waiting for their turn to share their thoughts on their deceased friend. And as each person takes their turn Lydia notices that each person has a different speech because she meant something different for every one of them. Daughter. Lover. Sister. But most of all Warrior. She fought through all the hell life threw at her, saving lives along the way. But like every good warrior she fell. Lydia ends her speech with a quote that will stick in everyone's heart.  

"She is still alive in our hearts. Not even death can take her from us. She will be with us forever." She says then makes her way back to her seat so that no one notices the tears threatening to spill. She sits down in her seat next to Stiles. He grabs her hand to comfort her, tracing small circles on the back of her hand. Everyone puts their head down as the preacher says a prayer and her casket gets lowered. The clouds open up to let down a soft drizzle, and inch by inch as the casket gets lowered the rain gets harder until eventually people are pulling out umbrellas and the soft drizzle has turned into a down pour. Lydia uses the drops of rain as an excuse to cry, letting the tears mingle with the rain. Soft sobs escape her mouth as she watches her best friend's body get buried into the ground. Stiles notices the tears and hears her sobs and he pulls her closer. Lydia is thankful for the act and the warmth he brings hoping it will warm her cold heart. 

As the crowd gets up to leave, apologizing to Chris for his loss on their way out, the pack stays a little while longer. They take turns putting a single white tulip on her grave, whisper their 'I love you' 's, then say their goodbyes to the rest of the pack. Lydia sets down her tulip, blows a kiss then makes her way to Stiles. 

"Think I could sleepover tonight?" She asks hopefully as they make their way toward his jeep. 

"Sure no problem."  

.:.:. 

"Can I borrow a shirt?" Lydia asks as she steps into his room. He nods while taking off his jacket and setting it on the chair. He grabs a T-shirt from a drawer and hands it to her. 

"Thanks." She says as she starts stripping out of her damp clothing. 

"Whoa! Did not know you were going to do that. You know next time you could warn me or something." He says as he turns around. She lets out a soft giggle at his over exaggeration. 

"You can turn around now." She says while setting down her clothes. He turns so that he's facing her again and finds that she is only wearing her underwear and his shirt, which really only reaches past her butt. 

"Is this really what you consider decent?" He asks jokingly because he really does not mind at all.  

"Please, you've seen me in less." She says shrugging before heading into his bathroom. He chuckles once she's gone then begins taking off his wet clothes in exchange for a pair of sweats. After putting the clothes in the hamper he joins Lydia in the bathroom to brush his teeth. He finds her sitting on the counter putting her hair into a messy bun. 

"Do you think she's happy wherever she is?" She asks. He rinses his mouth before answering. 

"Yeah I do honestly. She sacrificed her self for the ones she loves and I think that is probably the most meaningful way to die. What was her virtue?" 

"We protect those who cannot protect themselves." 

"And that is exactly what she did." 

"Thank you. I needed that." She says looking up at him.