The Five Times She Slept Over

Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Wolf. 

Enjoy! 

"It's okay. It's okay." Aiden says seconds before taking his last breath. The sight of him still, bleeding and dying is enough to send Lydia running. Running into the arms of the guy that is damaged beyond repair by the events that occurred over the past few weeks. Yet, as damaged as he is, he still holds her as if letting her go would mean losing her too. She holds him just as tightly because for days she felt like she would lose him and she never wants to feel that way again. 

"Lydia, we need to go. Come on, I'll give you a ride home." He says letting her go and instead grabbing her hand, dragging her to his car. She feels too numb to respond, so instead she just nods and follows. He opens the car door for her and helps her in before heading to his own seat to start the car. They sit in silence for a moment before taking off. He steals glances at her along the way but she never takes her eyes off the road.  

"Look I-I just want to say that I'm so sorry, for everything, none of this would have happened if I-" 

"Stiles, it wasn't your fault. You didn't ask for this to happen. None of us did." She says. He nods but there is still a hint of doubt in the pit of his stomach. Lydia can tell from the look in his eyes and grips his hand to reassure him. 

"It will be okay." She says, although she's not quite sure if she believes herself. 

"Good people died because of me Lydia, I don't think things will ever be okay." 

"Maybe not, but it'll be better than it is now." He stays silent after that, wondering how someone who just lost her best friend could be so optimistic.Five minutes later he pulls up into her driveway. Lydia unexpectedly pulls him into a hug. 

"Thank you for staying alive. I don’t know what I'd do if I lost you too." She whispers before letting go and hopping out of the car making her way inside.  Stiles takes a second to process what he heard and everything that has happened. Finally shaking out his thoughts he drives away in the direction of his house three blocks away.  

He opens the door to an empty house. He assumes that his father was probably busy finding a way to explain yet another teenage death. Finally in his room for the first time in what seems like forever he sees the mess of articles that paint his walls. Putting his jacket down he sighs before starting to rip down the paper piece by piece trying hard not to stare at one for too long. Once the walls are clean with no trace but the small pinpricks that dot them, he relaxes. The exhaustion overwhelms him as he falls into the comfort of his mattress and his pillow. At first it's a deep sleep filled with blackness, but as the time goes by images flash every now and then until they're continuous like a slideshow on fast forward. Pain, strife and chaos cloud his mind until finally he's up panting and in a cold sweat. As he catches his breath Lydia storms in trembling from fear.  

"Lydia, what are you doing here?" He asks. 

"I just- I didn't want to be alone tonight and I figured you didn't either." She explains. He glances at the clock and notices that it's 3 A.M. Sliding over he opens a spot next to him for her take. She gladly accepts the invitation and climbs in beside him into his waiting arms. 

"You had a nightmare didn't you?" He questions. She nods before asking quietly, 

"How'd you know?" 

"I had one too. Thanks for coming by the way." 

"What are anchors for?" She says. He chuckles softly before kissing her forehead goodnight and closing his eyes. She smiles and does the same. This time there are no nightmares.