Demons

Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Wolf.

.:.:.:.

     It was 3 am in the morning, and she was awake, 'studying'. At least that's what she was trying to do. She should be sleeping. She shouldn't be sitting on her bed worrying herself sick over someone who is already gone. Because heaven knows if he's still in there, or if his demons have swallowed him whole by now. She can't help it though, they're a team, he saves her and she saves him. It's how they work. He has saved her countless times and she is determined to return the favor.

     But she doesn't know where to start, he was always the one to figure things out. (She may be smart, but when it came to these thing he is a genius.) Now he's gone doing who knows what. She doesn't know where to look (Stiles she can find, a Nogitsune not so much.) She's afraid of what she'll hear, afraid that she'll be wrong like the last time. But she can feel him. Deep within her gut she can feel him. And that feeling brings back hope that he is somewhere, just barely holding on, just barely there, but there nonetheless. She needs to find him, to save hime, but like always he finds he first.

     A startling tap on the window breaks her away from her thoughts. She stumbles to the window only to find the very person she has spent the last few hours thinking about. He was out of breath and bleeding, but he was alive, and that was something. She quickly opens the window to let him in before the questioning begins.

     "Oh my god are you ok? Where the hell have you been?!" She asks frantically.

     "Oh you know just trying to outrun all the people trying to kill me." He says calmly, taking deep breaths.

     "Why are you bleeding?" She asks while taking his shirt off.

     "It's just a bullet graze. It's no big deal." He replies as she gets up to discard his shirt and grab the first aid kit from her bathroom. She sits down with said kit and begins soaking a rag in hydrogen peroxide.

     "What the hell did you get yourself into Stiles?" She muttered quietly.

     "I can't say... it hurts too much, knowing I hurt others." He says. It hurts her too, seeing the boy who was once so innocent, brought out of it by force, shattered on the floor in front of her. She dabs his wounds keeping her eyes trained on the task at hand instead of looking him in the eyes, she doesn't want him to see the tears in her eyes that are threatening to spill. Unlike her Stiles can't seem to take his eyes off of her. Mesmerized by her gentle touch, but he knows somethings off.

     "What's wrong?" He asks.

     "Nothing, nothings wrong." She replies.

     "Lydia look at me." He says. She stops what she's doing to look up at his face. His forehead. His cheeks. His nose. His chin. His lips. Anywhere but  his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asks again. She takes a deep breath that shudders on the way out.

     "How am I supposed to know if its really you? How am I supposed to know your not just tricking me?" She asks shakily, because she strongly hopes thats not the case. "Lately these days it's getting harder to tell who you are. I never know if it's you or the Nogitsune, and it scares me?"

     Seeing the tears in her eyes he can tell that she's slowly breaking apart, and it's all because of him. The Nogitsune inside of him took pride in that, but it broke him knowing the girl he loves is damaged because of him. She has every right to be scared of him. She doesn't know what he's capable of, what the Nogitsune was capable of. But he did, and he would stop at nothing to protect her from himself.

     "My eyes." He says quietly. This time she does look him in the eyes.

     "What?" She asks curiously.

     "They say the eyes are the passage to the soul. Well if that's true then just look into my eyes and you'll either see me or him." He explains. "But Lydia if you ever happen to see him, I need you to run, run and don't look back, okay?" She nods and wraps the last bandage around his wound.

     "God, I'm loosing my mind." He says dropping his head. She lays a hand on his cheek and tips his head back up.

     "Hey, its not too late to get it back." She whispered. They were dangerously close and she desperately wanted to kiss him. This could very well be the last time she sees him she might as well. She leans in and closes the gap. And for those few seconds everything was okay again. He pulls away only an inch, sad to end the moment.

     "I should probably go." He whispers.

     "No, stay, please." She begs spoftly. He nods and gets up with her. She leads him to her bed and he lays down next to her, arms around her waist holding her tightly againts him and her head on his chest listening to his beating heart. He's alive and he's here. Thats all she could ask for.

     Neither of them slept that night, instead they just embraced each other and cherished the moments in which everything was okay.

.:.:.:.

Well that's it. Im happy with it and I hope you all are too. Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

  -A