Dorky

Her jacket hangs loosely as she laughs. From a distance, I admire her. She snorts at something and wipes her nose with a tissue, which is basically the cutest thing, as strange as it seems.

Her crazy chestnut hair flies down her back, and her pale nose turns red from all the wiping. Adorable.

She isn't that popular. She's made enemies. She's pretty real. She's not very pretty.

To be honest, I know that I'm one of the most popular dudes at school. It's somehow still expected of me, though, to date one of the other populars. How stupidly cliché.

I don't want to. Obviously. I don't even want a relationship with her. It's truthfully quite comfortable to stay as friends — except that I have a tiny crush on her. I don't know what to do with that.

How can't I? She's so cute. Basically Einstein, too.

I don't know, I'm a jock, she hates everything about sports. I'm pretty shy when it comes to romance, she made out with people in the hallway, I don't see how anything could work. But it would be kind of cute yet anti-cliché to date her. Like, the jock and the dorky one. Well, I don't really care about stereotypes; cliché or not, I have a crush on her.

I run my hand through my black hair and sigh.

"Arthur!" Her voice calls. I look at her, a couple tables away. She proceeds to throw a paper plane my way. Before I open it, I look at her, confused. Her light green – almost blue – eyes stare at me, waiting.

Unfolding the plane, I see scribbles written in morse code. When translated, it read: Heard you don't have a date to homecoming so go with me?

I smile, writing back: Sure! Then I fold the plane back and throw it back to her.

Honestly, I have no idea what this means. But for now, I'm okay with that.

Let's just go with it. Goodness, I feel like a middle schooler, not knowing what to do about crushes.

Sighing once again, I see the Biology teacher walk in, signalling the start of class.

•••

a/n: hi so how do you deal with having a crush?

this was written from a point of view i don't relate to at all btw. but damn a girl with chestnut hair and blue-green eyes sounds like something i'd fall in love with instantly.