Photographer

Rosa, my best friend since first grade, has been in love with Liam since our senior year of high school, and they are lucky enough to still be together.

I honestly wish it could be the same for me; at the age of 26, I've only had one boyfriend, and he was using me to get closer to my older brother because he was in the closet...

My brother is straight, by the way, and so am I.

Recently, Rosa and Liam have gotten engaged, and I am happy for them. I truly am.

But I cannot hear the end of it from Rosa.

"If we have a daughter, we're going to name her Lisa, because it's like, Liam and Rosa together!" Rosa squeals.

She really has quite a mind.

I laugh, "Sure, sure. If it's a boy?" Then she looks at me and we both burst into a fit of giggles.

"Oh my gosh, Addie, you talk to me as though I'm actually pregnant!" Rosa manages between chuckles.

"I mean, I won't be surprised if you were." I state.

"Not yet!" she jokes, and I laugh until my stomach hurts.

Then, the door bursts open and Liam steps in.

"Hey, there's my beautiful fiancé." He says, giving Rosa a long, passionate kiss on her lips.

I just sit and watch.

After they're done, Liam looks at me and clears his throat.

"Adamaris." He nods.

"Liam." I acknowledge.

Liam and I really only know each other through Rosa.

"Bye then." I say, giving them space and getting out of Rosa's apartment.

~

"I trust you with this, okay, Addie?" Rosa asks.

"Yes, yes. I don't have a degree in interior design for nothing," I joke. "So anyway, you love the beach, so we could do a beach wedding if you want." I offer.

"Oh, that sounds magical!" she tells me.

"Okay, cool. So if we're doing a beach wedding, the scenery can already provide the colour, so shall we stick to a simple white and cream as the theme?"

Rosa gasps. "Addie, you're a genius! Oh, I can picture it already."

I know her too well.

~

The day has finally come. My best friend is settling down with the man of her dreams.

I put on the cream, a-line bridesmaid dress and do my hair in some sort of bun based on Pinterest.

~

~

The couple has said their 'I do's and kissed as husband and wife. Now, the evening of the reception. I sit at a table, drink in hand, as I watch couples dance and stare lovingly at each other. Then, I hear a flash and a click.

The photographer took a photo. Strange that the camera wasn't pointed at the people dancing or the newly-weds.

The camera was pointed at me.

Deciding to ignore it, I go to the dessert bar and grab some little fruit tarts as the fairy lights twinkle above me.

Click.

I looked around me, in search of the photographer.

And I laid my eyes on a guy with brown hair and dazzling green eyes, camera in hand.

"Hey." I start.

"Hey." He says back.

"Have you been taking photos of me?" I ask.

"Well, yeah," he says, and he reads my puzzled expression. "What can I say, beautiful things need to be captured."

My heart beat accelerates.

"I'm Addie."

"Fred." He holds out his hand.

a/n: you'll find love, sometime someday. i hope.

if you liked this, please express so by commenting and/or voting. if you didn't like this, please suggest improvements. love ya guys