Killer on the loose

Start bij het begin

"Bro, we're going to get to the bottom of this, for the meantime, I need some records pulled, his background and such, aside from the identified infidelity angle, are there any other angles we're looking at?" 

"All right I'll have them pulled for you."

"Now, can we at least get coffee, you owe me a cup for dragging me along this time of the night." 

"Sure, let me just fix a couple of things and we'll be on our way." 

"Alright, I'll wait outside."

I started walking back to my car, pondering about the victim and the circumstances surrounding this murder, my mind started to connect some of the initial details that were given to me, the victim looked familiar to me but I wasn't quite sure where I'd met or seen him.

I was broken out of my reverie when Brian approached and started to speak 

"Hey, sorry I took a long time, you ready bro?" I snapped out of my thoughts and I smiled at him and nodded

"Yeah you're good bro." we both got into the car and fastened our seat belts, I drove us to the nearest coffee shop, the whole duration of the drive was unusually silent,

Brian took notice and said "You seem to be very silent today, what's the matter bro?"

"Huh?" I said confused then I realized that I have been silent and my mind wandered off to Eve, seeing her yesterday was not something I expected

"Sorry Bro, I'm all right, you don't need to be worried about me, I've seen Eve yesterday and she's not in good shape."

"Eve? Our college's queen bee? Eve Jimenez the girl you liked and humiliated you in front of her friends? That Eve?"

"Yes, that Eve." I answered

"Wow, it's been too long, what do you mean she's not in good shape?"

"You remember Shane?" I asked Brian

"Yeah, Eve's Best Friend, what does she have to do with Eve not being in good shape?"

"Well, I saw Eve yesterday, crying outside the asylum I work for, I approached her not really expecting it was her, I was stunned too, I asked who she was visiting and apparently, Shane is one of our patients in the institution, it was noticeable that Eve was deeply affected by what happened to Shane."

"And?" Brian responded

"She does not remember who I am, I took her out to dinner last night."

"What?!"

"I took her out to dinner." I repeated myself, Brian answered

"I heard you the first time man, what the fuck were you thinking?! That's Eve Jimenez, the girl who crushed your heart to pieces and humiliated you, God I can't believe you bro!"

he said in defeat "Brian, I need to do this, you know I have my own motives."

"Yes and it's immature." he huffed and I could not help but laugh at his reaction and 

"Oh that's right, laugh!"

"Hey, settle down buddy, I'm not going to put myself in trouble, trust me Brian."

he shrugged and kept silent for a few moments until we've reached a diner, we found a spot to park on and we got down from the car. We both walked towards the diner's entrance in silence and I hated the silence between us we found a seat and ordered coffee, Brian stared at me for a few moments before finally breaking the silence between us