Chapter 26: We'll Always Be with You

Comincia dall'inizio

I cried at that memory, knowing that Riku would never be the same again. He was just a pawn to the darkness, my enemy. I came to a room only to see a girl with curly, light brown hair and she was wearing a blue nightdress.

"Oh my! Who are you?" the girl asked.

"Piri."

"My name is Wendy."

"Nice to meet you, Wendy." I said. I looked happened to look down and saw Kairi. "Kai!" I knelt down. I knew she won't wake up, but I still shook her. "Come on, Kairi... we need to get you to Sora!"

"I think she must be asleep. She hasn't budge an inch since we've been in here." Wendy said. I left Kairi off the ground.

"Come on, Wendy. They'll be here for you and Kai." I said. We left the hold and went to the deck. There, a bunch of heartless tried to attack. I handed Kairi to Wendy and summoned my keyblade, "Can't even cut me a simple break! Wendy, don't let the heartless have her!"

I slashed through the first heartless and turned back to see another run towards Wendy. I rushed to it and threw it into the others.

"Thanks, Piri!" I gave her a smile and a thumbs up. I looked at the heartless, which were still in a pile, and concentrated on my light.

"Let's do this!" I lefted my keyblade into the air and eight orbs appeared. I flung it at them. It turned out to be a hissy mess as they disappeared.

"That was amazing!" Wendy said walking up to me.

"Thanks!" I looked at Kairi, "Hang on, Kai. Your knight in shining keyblade armor will be here soon..." a single shadow heartless appeared. "Amara?" it nodded.

"Piri!" I shot around and sighed with relief as I seen Sora, Peter, Donald, and Goofy.

"Sora!" I ran up to him and gave him a hug, tightly, "I am so relieved."

"What?" he asked. I pulled away and took his hand.

"It's Kairi..." I pointed at her and he looked at the girl in Wendy's arms.

"Kairi!" He took her in his arms. It was like she fit in his arms. I smiled at them. That's when I saw her hand twitch. I sighed as Sora smiled. Then I frowned; he truly did have Kairi's heart inside of him, Just as I have Light's. How do we return them?

A heartless went in between Wendy and Sora, taking Kairi and knocking Wendy out. It flew Riku and handed her to him. He stopped and looked at me. Our eyes locked as I scanned his. He was hurting, suffering, as if screaming out for help. This darkness that was holding him battered him mentally and controlling him. It also felt like...

"Xehanort..." I whispered to where he couldn't hear. We broke eye contact when a portal opened behind him. I gasped, "Riku, wait!"

He sadly glared at me. I felt an arm wrap around my waist and a hand over my mouth. He disappeared into the portal. I screamed, grabbing the others attention.

"Piri!" Sora yelled, summoning his keyblade.

"Ah, ah, ah! We won't want her to get hurt... would we?" the arm at my waist started to burn with darkness. I groaned as it felt like a dagger slicing my skin open. "You see, the one with a balanced heart is easily hurt by darkness... and she can also be hurt by light." he growled and dismissed his keyblade and pouted.