Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

I walked passed each room until I finally found the door for Dimitri's office. I reached for the handle and twisted— but of course it's locked.

I silently cursed and then took out my phone to turn on the flashing light. I looked all around maybe for a spare key under the rug or in the plant down the hall.

Nothing.

I came back to the door and reached at the top of the frame. At the tip of my fingers I felt something cold and when I finally was able to get a grip on it, I grabbed it and wanted to cheer when I saw it was the key I needed.

I looked around one more time before unlocking the door, opening it and quietly shutting. I locked it just incase someone were to come in.

Across from me was his desk and behind that was storage cabinets and shelves. I got behind the large wooden desk and opened each drawer, flipping through the papers and files he had in there.

I continued looking and had to stop when I came to the next drawer because it was locked.

Shit.

Again, I searched for a key and had a feeling I wouldn't be so lucky this time. Maybe I'd just YouTube how to unlock something without the key...

My head snapped up when I heard giggling from the other side of the drawer. Quickly I hid in the best place I could...

Under his desk...

The door opened the second I got under. I brought my knees to my chest and put my hand over my mouth to keep from making any noise.

"Mr. Sterling stop." Some girl giggled flirtatiously.

Barf.

"I can't keep my hands off you, Buttercup." Dimitri purred.

Buttercup?! What the actual hell. If Alex ever called me anything like that I'd have a few choice words for him and they certainly wouldn't nice.

"I want you to do what you did last night." She cooed and I now recognized that she was the maid from earlier.

"How about right on this desk?" Oh God no. My eyes went wide.

"No! I just cleaned that. Take me to the spare bedroom." For the love of all things holy, please take her to the spare bedroom.

"Whatever I just want you. Now." Ew. Ew. Ew.

A moment later after hearing them suck each other's faces off, they scrambled out the door and a thud hit the ground along with the door once again shutting.

I crawled out from under and sat up, but bumped my head in the process on the chair. I groaned as I fully stood, grabbing the back of my head. I pulled my phone out again and used the flashlight to shine around the room.

Keys.

I saw keys on the ground right by the door

I picked them up and smiled when I saw a smaller one that looked like it was meant for a small lock like the one on the drawer.

I went back to the desk and tried it, it fit perfectly. I twisted the key and the drawer slid open. It looked like all of the other drawers, but I had a feeling these documents were a little more secret.

I flipped through each one and stopped when I saw a ground of papers that were in a folder that read Accounts. I opened it and saw they were the bank statements and transaction papers from the accounts he had been using to keep and transfer money with Diana's and Collin's names.