I Remember, and Hopeless

~Cierra's P.O.V.~

I chewed on my lip as I stared at Julia and Katherine. "Kit-Kat what happened to me? What is going on? I need to know. Just tell me all about the past year and maybe I'll remember. I need to remember." Katherine gave Julia a look before turning back to me. 

"Alright. Well, when we went to California for the credits, we met Erin and another girl, Sophia. Julia and Emily stayed in Pittsburgh, as you know. Sophia, you, me, and Erin went to England for college. After almost a year, just a few months ago, we met One Direction. They asked us to go on tour with them. Of course we said yes, and when we went to Pittsburgh Julia joined up with us. Then a lot of stuff happened. Erin got kidnapped, then you did too. We just got you back. The people who got you out of there are Erin's friend and, well, now a guy who is your friend. His name is Nick. You were seriously hurt, and when you woke up you couldn't remember anything. Here we are." I sat completely still, processing everything. Then something flashed through my mind. It was Erin, Katherine, a girl who I assume is Sophia, and One Direction sitting in a room. I was sitting next to Erin hugging her. Telling her it was okay. She was making an announcement, saying that she was going to meet them in Pittsburgh, and Niall was looking sad and jealous. Then the scene changed. "Oh my god. Harry, they are amazing!! I love them!" Harry had just handed me a necklace and bracelet, both with an infinity sign on them. 

"Cierra, will you be my girlfriend?" I gasped. Katherine and Julia looked at me. Soon, all of my memories were coming back. 

"I-I remember!" I cried. "All of it! Oh my god! Erin, Sophia, Nick, Jaimie, I know who they are. I remember all of it." My two friends cheered and hugged me. "Can I see them?" Their grips on me faltered. 

"N-no. I'm sorry. You can see Nick and Jaimie, but not Sophia. She's in a coma. Erin, we-we'll try to get her in here. She's having some troubles." I nodded slowly as Julia spoke. "I'll be back. I'm going to tell the doctors and find Nick and Jaimie." Julia walked out and left Katherine to talk to me. 

~Nick's P.O.V.~

I was at the park with Nina, Noah, and Nicolette, when I saw Julia walking towards me, waving. I waved back. "Hey Julia, what's up?" My siblings looked over at her and started waving energetically. "That's my friend, Julia." 

"Hey Nick! Hi guys, what's your names? I'm Julia." 

"I'm Noah." He introduced himself proudly. "I'm nine years old." 

"Wow you're so old!" Julia exclaimed enthusiastically. Then she turned to my sisters. "Okay guys. It's your turn." She pointed to Nina. 

"I'm Nina, and I'm six." Julia smiled widely. 

"And I'm Nicolette. I'm fwee." 

"You guys are so cool. And all of you have the best big brother ever. Did you know that?" My brother and sisters nodded and laughed. "Alright, now, can you go and play on the swings? I need to talk to Nick for a minute." Noah and Nina immediately ran over to the swing set, but Nicolette hugged Julia before following her older siblings. "She's adorable."

"Yeah. They all are. So what did you want to talk to me about?" 

"Cierra remembered. She wants to see you and Jaimie. And Erin but that's not going to happen. Um can you come and do you know where Jaimie is?" I smiled. 

"I can't believe it. This is great. And yeah, I know where Jaimie is. Same place he's been working at. I'll take you. Come on I gotta drop the kids off at home." She nodded. "Come on children. I've gotta cut the trip short. Me and Julia have to go somewhere." 

After Julia and I dropped them off, we walked to Jaimie's work. 

"Jaimie, come on. You need to go to the hospital with us. Cierra wants to see us." He looked over and nodded. 

"One minute!" He called, and walked out of view. A minute or two later, he came out without an apron and smiled at us. "Let's go. How's Erin?" 

~Niall's P.O.V.~

"The story of my life." We exited the stage and Zayn and Harry immediately checked their phones. Zayn's face dropped, but Harry's lit up. 

"She remembers!" He shouted, excited. We all cheered for a minute, except for Zayn. 

"Alright guys," Liam began. "After the girls with the backstage passes are gone, we'll go back to the hospital. Come on, we have to get back on track. We're still on tour. We love our girls, but we can't focus only on them." 

"You're right." Louis responded. "Now, where are these lovely fans?" Paul brought eight fans in, they were all squealing excitedly. Two of them ran over to me. "Oh my god Niall you're so amazing. We love you!!! You're totally the best. We're so glad that we got to meet you on your last day here." Last day. Oh my god. How could I forget?  

"Yeah it's so nice to meet you loves." I responded. We all exchanged small talk with the girls for the next ten minutes, then they got escorted out of the room. 

"Okay, let's go. I want to see Erin." I said. 

"Yeah, I want to see Julia. I feel like it's been forever." Liam muttered. 

"Well at least she can talk to you." Zayn mumbled. 

~At the hospital~

"Julia!" Liam called, wrapping her in a hug. "It seems like it's been forever." Julia hugged him back, burying her face in his shoulder. 

"I'm going to go see Sophia." Julia's head shot up. 

"Erin's with her. Niall, you need to see her. Please." Harry was already gone. Louis had gone with him to see Katherine. I nodded. "But, Niall, just," she paused, struggling for the right words, "it's hopeless. If she doesn't," Julia paused again, "you'll see." She and Liam went down to the cafeteria. Zayn and I went to Sophia's hospital room. Sophia looked the same. Zayn rushed to his girlfriend's side. I stayed in the doorway, staring at my girlfriend. Erin was pale. Not moving. At all. She was holding on to Sophia's hand, staring at the wall. 

"Erin?" I asked. She didn't react. I walked over to her. Nothing changed. Suddenly it was like we were completely alone in the room. Zayn wasn't there, neither was Sophia. "Erin, I love you. Please don't leave me." I whispered, and put my hand on her shoulder. 

~Erin's P.O.V.~

"Erin, I love you. Please don't leave me." I'm sorry. I thought in my head. It's hopeless. I can't do anything anymore. As long as it stays the same, I'm hopeless. No matter what I want now. It's too late. I'm sorry. I love you too. 

"Niall." I whispered. But I'm not sure he heard me. And there's nothing else I could say. No matter what I tried. All the feelings that came when my boyfriend showed up were gone. I was numb again. Hopeless. Numb.