24: Who's sick yet corny?

Rosie's Pov

Never would I have thought I would witness Kyle in such a situation. I knew Kyle was too perfect to be real, of course, no one's perfect.

If I say, I was shaken after witnessing Kyle's and Lucas' fight would be an understatement, I was terrified and horrified at the same time- deadly combo.

But I know for sure that whatever was the reason for the outbreak of their fight would be something huge because Kyle wasn't the type of person to randomly hit someone just because he felt like it.

Kyle would have a good reason.

Releasing a shaky breath as I recollected what I had witnessed in our college campus, I laid down on my bed.

The ceiling was plain and blank doing nothing to distract me from my own thoughts that kept drifting off to Kyle and Lucas' fight.

After Kyle noticed my presence, he stood up and marched away, the opposite way from where I was standing.

I didn't know what I had expected him to do once he saw me but I certainly didn't expect him to walk away from me, yet again.

After Kyle made his way out from the crowd, Lucas' friends walked up to his beaten up form and helped him walk along with them before the authorities graced us with their presence.

Lucas was in a pretty bad shape as he needed the support to walk straight. Kyle seemed to walk fine yet his face didn't seem fine.

The students dispersed at the sight of professors who were making their way towards the slowly dissolving crowd.

Just before Hannah pulled me away from the trouble of the landing near one of the professors, I saw Sasha's crying form.

She looked hysterical as her friend consoled her and took her away from the sight of the professors.

The possibility of Sasha being the reason behind Kyle's and Lucas' fight settled in me at the sight of her almost instantly but I soon discarded that thought away because Kyle certainly wouldn't fight for a girl.

My mood considerably dissipated after that incident so bidding Amelia and Hannah goodbye, I made my way to my dorm with the hope of finding Kyle in our dorm room.

But my hope was proved to be futile because he was not in the dorm.

I couldn't do anything, neither was I able to do my assignments nor was I able to watch an anime, with my thoughts constantly plagued by Kyle and his bloodied face.

I tried calling him numerous of times only to reach his voicemail.

Worry and fear gnawed at me.

Would he be alright in his current state? Would he be safe? Where was he? All these questions roamed around in my head yet I couldn't voiced it out to anyone.

It was half past six in the evening with still no sign of Kyle.

Having enough of the wait and the what ifs, I dialled Amelia's number again, for the nth time with the same hope of hearing the good news that Kyle was with them, safe and in their apartment. She picked it up after the third ring.

"Rose."

"Amelia." I didn't have to say anything else to her as she understood why I had called her for.

"He's not here Rose. He will be back for sure, don't worry." She tried to sound strong and confident yet she failed to, miserably.

"I hope so." I mumbled closing my eyes but opened it wide when Kyle's bloodied face flashed on my mind.