16: Kiss or kill?

I expected Kyle to give me a sympathetic look or perhaps even pity but whatever reaction I had expected from Kyle didn't match the reaction he gave me.

Kyle hugged me.

He hugged me tight and for a second, I went stiff at his touch but soon, I melted into his warm hug and hugged him back.

Kyle soothed the back of my hair and kept hugging me yet not uttering a word, I didn't want him to anyway. The silence was comforting and I didn't want any spontaneous flow of words from either of our mouths to ruin this moment.

After a while, Kyle pulled back and I let go of him slowly, almost reluctantly. He hooked his index finger below my chin with his thumb on my chin, lifting my head up to meet his eyes.

His eyes shone with raw emotions yet there was a hint of anger on them. "He's a dickhead. He don't deserve you." Kyle muttered, his voice deep and thick with emotion. "You're special, Rose. Never doubt that." Saying this his eyes flickered to my lips and without thinking, my tongue darted out to lick my sudden dry lips.

His eyes followed the movement for a moment before looking back at my eyes.

I couldn't say a word to anything he had said because my common sense had fled from the scene and I was happy for that.

Kyle leaned in slowly and my breath hitched at his clear intention. I just had to lean a little and my lips would meet his lips.

His pink, tempting and kissable lips.

I just had to lean a litt-

A sudden noise went off which caused me to spring back and away from Kyle almost instantly. He cursed under his breath at the distraction and grabbed his phone from his bed, snapping at whoever the caller was.

"What do you want?" Kyle bit up and gritted his teeth in annoyance. I smiled a little at his expression which clearly had frustration written on it. "You called me to ask this?" He asked bewildered at whoever the caller was and waited for a response. His expression hardened at whatever he had heard. "I swear to God, if I lay my hands on you I will fucking rip your balls out and face Sunshine's hatred for the rest of my life." His voice low and dangerous, then he hung up the phone.

Sunshine?

So the caller was Zander.

A chuckled escaped pass my lips which caused his head to snapped at me. "You seem pissed at Zander."

"That fucking loser." He let out frustrated sigh and sat down on the bed.

"What did he say?" I asked still smiling. I know what would have happened if Zander didn't call Kyle and I can't say whether I am relieved or sad about the distraction.

Relieved because I don't have a clue what will happen to our friendship if we kiss. Will we be friends, more than friends, lovers? I don't know and I don't want to find out yet.

Sad because I really wanted to kiss him.

But it's still a little awkward if I think about our almost kiss but brooding over that thought would only make me feel more awkward and uncomfortable which I don't want.

"He wanted to know whether he should dress up as superman or batman?" Kyle rolled his eyes, his annoyance on Zander clearly showing.

Confusion clouded me and I asked, "Dress up for what?" As far as I know, there's no such kind of costume-program in our college or any costume party anywhere.

"For Halloween." Kyle deadpanned and I gaped at his words.

"What? That's still months away." I shrieked unable to help myself.