Chapter Eight: Leave Me Alone

I jolted up from my bed, sweat on my forehead. The heart monitor beeped and filled the silence.

"He's still getting inside of my head. Great." I said under my breath.

I tried going back to sleep, and eventually fell asleep.

I was shook awake the next morning by the doctor, letting me know my parents were there to pick me up, so I got ready to go home.

After we got back from the hospital, I just stayed in my room for a bit, just thinking. After a while I got bored, so I watched TV.

I did the usual, watched tv, had dinner, you know.

The next day I had school, so I went to bed early that night.

Once I got to school today, as soon as I walked through the doors, everyone turned their heads towards me.

As I walked passed, giving a nervous chuckle, they started whispering to each other and looking at me.

But one kid, came out of no where, stepping in front of me blocking my path.

"Well lookie who it is! Alexa." He said.

"What do you want." I Said.

"Oh nothing, I just heard about your 'incidents'. Involving what, a Faceless Man?" He said chuckling.

"How do you know about that?" I asked annoyed.

"Oh it was just going around. Must suck huh, people laughing at you cause of it."
He started chuckling even louder.

"Mind Your Own business. What's happened to me doesn't involve you." I Said shoving out of my way.

"What the matter sweetheart Embarrassed?" He shouted to me.

I just shook my head and continued walking to class.

It started pouring rain during class, but it sounded nice when it hit the window.

"Alright class, you know that sound. Go to lunch, class dismissed." The teacher said.

I went to put stuff in my locker, but when I opened it, something fell out.

It was a piece of paper, covered in scribbles.

It said: "Coma-Girl" I knew it was from David, the guy who harassed me earlier.

I crumbled the paper up and tossed it in the trash.

It was pretty lonely at lunch, everyone kept staring at me, so it was pretty uncomfortable.

I decided to just go in the restroom for the whole lunch.

I walked in and locked myself in one of the stalls.

I just sat there, doing nothing, until the lights started flickering, ending with the lights turning off.

"Ha-ha, soooo funny. Turn the lights back on and leave me alone." I called out, no response.

"Haha, soooo funny." I repeated. I walked out, to see a random flashlight, sitting on the sink, on.

"David if this is another one of your so-called jokes, knock it off already." I Said.

No response. I sighed and grabbed the flashlight.

But when I walked out of the restroom, all of the lights were off, and no one was around.

"Alright, jokes over. Come out." I Said.

No response. I sighed and went looking around.

"Aaaleeeexxaaaa....." I heard. I spun around, looking for the source of the sound, but couldn't find it.