Chapter Five: Followed

I jolted awake, I was still in my bed, TV still on, but it was just static. I yawned and got up to turn the TV off.

Afterwards I got back in bed, and tried to go back to sleep.

The next morning, the sun gleamed in the circle window, lighting up the entire room. I got up and looked outside, it was a nice, cold sunny day.

I promised myself to stay out of the woods and take the long way from now on.

I got dressed since I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble, my parents weren't home, they were doing birthday shopping for me, since my birthday is on Wednesday.

I wore a plaid shirt, with a t-shirt underneath, and I wore ripped jeans.

My hair was blue as ever, which I loved the style, but I was thinking about cutting my hair really short, since I loved how short Girl hair looks.

After I got dressed, I left a note, and left towards Barnes And Noble.

I just walked this time, I didn't wanna risk messing my arm up again.

People were out, chatting, having a good time.

Once I got to Barnes and Noble, I ordered a coffee from the cafe, and read a book on a couch.

After a while, it started pouring rain. But I didn't think much of it, so I went back to reading.

Five minutes in, the power shut off.

I was confused by it, but I had a flashlight with me so I could see.

"Aaaaallleeexxaaaa....."

I spun around, looking for where the sound was,
but it was coming from everywhere.

Slender appeared out of nowhere, with his tentacles trying to reach me.

I ran out of there so fast, i forgot I had the book in my hand.

The rain splashed on me as I ran, soaking me to the skin.

I ran back to the house, and locked the doors shut.

"Alright calm down Alexa calm down. You're going to be okay." I told myself.

I ran into my room, locking the door behind me.

But after I got in, the door was rattling, and being beat on.

I thought the door was gonna break off, so I knew I had limited time to get out of there.

I had a backpack in my closet, so I packed a few things in there, and I climbed out the window.

I ran out of there so fast, I never looked behind.

I ran into the forest, which I knew I Said I'd never go back in, but I had no choice.

I climbed up into my tree house, and blocked the door with some spare wood.

I fell onto the wall, and sighed. I did have a pocket knife, in case I needed to use it.

Rain splashed on the tree house, howling winds pared with the rain, so I knew I was, sort of safe.

Thunder lit up the raging sky, and I used the rest of the spare wood to block the windows.

I didn't have a hammer or nails, I just set them against the window.